TopGear Prodrive P2 test remake in LFS

Needless to say, good work as usual! :)

How long did it approximately take you to edit it together after you've recorded everything with fraps in lfs?

How long did it approximately take you to edit it together after you've recorded everything with fraps in lfs?
I was doing the recording continually - always recorded a few scenes, put them together into the movie and recorded some more. Altogether it took 9 days and i worked on it 2-4 hours per day. Talking only about the 'p2 movie', the intro was done long time ago.

Wow!
Absolutely amazing work!

I would love to have that engine sound in LFS :p .

Did you add some sound effects or are they all from the original Top Gear movie?

in photoshop, thru various combinations of effects, layer blending and filters...

Awesome work on the video!

Mind telling me what you did to the left picture to make it look like the right one?
Any special plugins?

I would guess B&W conversion layer set to something like hard light, and as final adjustments Selective Colors and Curves, and some small vignetting on the bottom corners. But that's just my guess. :)

Great work, i really enjoyed watching that.. Makes me want to go and try LFS now :p

I did a test record myself with Fraps but the resulting video was very choppy :( When playing, it displays that it is running at around 20FPS but when recording this drops to 6FPS and appears very laggy in the resulting video. I have the settings in both fraps and LFS set to 30FPS, so is there anything else I can try to make it watchable? I don't have a particularly top of the range PC, but the game plays with very little slowdown usually.

Awesome work on the video!

Mind telling me what you did to the left picture to make it look like the right one?
Any special plugins?

topgearlfscolors.jpg

He probably just used colour burn (Im Canadian sorry:D), and my god what a result! I would love to have LFS in that colour scheme; the road just looks a lot more realistic because the gradients stand out a lot more and it makes the car and sky look awesome.

Great video BTW!!

I did a test record myself with Fraps but the resulting video was very choppy :( When playing, it displays that it is running at around 20FPS but when recording this drops to 6FPS and appears very laggy in the resulting video. I have the settings in both fraps and LFS set to 30FPS, so is there anything else I can try to make it watchable? I don't have a particularly top of the range PC, but the game plays with very little slowdown usually.

If possible have Fraps save the video to another harddrive, otherwise your virtual memory and Fraps will fight over disk access and slow things down quite a bit.