[Polar Challenge Special] July 25th, 2007

HD please, HD please.. :D

wonder what format will be used for the encode?

to quote myself from IRC earlier this evening:

Code:
22:03 <@Adunaphel> oh
22:03 <@Adunaphel> my
22:03 <@Adunaphel> copulating
22:03 <@Adunaphel> god
22:03 <@Adunaphel> that was one fantastic episode

That and the slight alteration to my sig says it all imho :mrgreen:

Hi guys,
I haven't yet seen it as I was out when it aired. So I hope to grab it at a later date. I skipped to the end of this post (and read nothing!) to say I can't wait to see it as my mate rang me & said it was 'fxxxing awesome'. :mrgreen:

For those that have seen it, you're lucky. For those that haven't can we have a minimal number of spoiler here...please...although I know this is a discussion thread on this episode & all....well at least until 24hrs have passed & the 'you know what' may become available...then we can ALL talk about it I guess :)

Is that fair to you guys?

That was astounding! Fantastic, and the HD quality is everything i'd hope it would be. Brilliant!

The only thing that spoilt it was the ending, it didn't really conclude, i think they should have met up at the end, or at least waited for Hammond to get to the Pole, because he has busted his balls getting there, and was really depressed when he found out they'd won.

Apart from that small niggle, without doubt the best bit of TV this decade!

Fantastic episode. One of the best! Wish id seen Hammond get there though :(

I know they had support crews and satellite telephones, but that was far more excting and gruelling than anything I've seen Ray Mears or George Foreman Grylls do...

Best bit had to be Clarkson's reaction to the wine!

Remember, no torrent talk please. We'll have it out ASAP. ;)

HD FTW. We're working on getting this rip out as well. ^_^

how long :w00t: ?? ^^ me wants HD

Great episode, liked the soundtrack from OHMSS they used too (like what was used in the Winter Olympics special). Looking forward to the new series even more now :D

"clarkson, I know it's you.. you great Oaf" :lol:

1080p!!! That's immense, I very much doubt my laptop could handle the processing power that would require, but top work anyways. I've got it on my Sky HD box in 720p and I was very impressed with the quality of it - superb. There's no reason at all now why the next series can't be in 1080p also :)

I thought it was going to be 1080i? I didn't realise we had 1080p broadcasts at all in the UK. Think this was just a one off however - don't they still need to upgrade the cameras in the studio before the main series can be shown in HD?

I thought it was going to be 1080i? I didn't realise we had 1080p broadcasts at all in the UK. Think this was just a one off however - don't they still need to upgrade the cameras in the studio before the main series can be shown in HD?
It may have been converted to 1080p via deinterlacing.

The BBC has tons of HD cameras - I'm sure they will quite easily be able to upgrade the cameras used for the show tbh.