I feel sorry for u....

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
All the people who arent in the UK, do you have to download EVERY episode that just sucks. But for us in the UK wooopeeee lol. But dont the like show it on those channels that the BBC do abroad? I would have thought so anyway!

It's not that bad. You don't have to rush home and have to watch it at an exact time or miss it forever, and if you want to watch an old episode (from, say, Season 3) you can just fire it up on your computer. Lots of UK residents download episodes for the same reasons. The BBC World and America versions are condensed and shittier as a result.

:welcome: btw.

I live in the UK but I still download the shows, as I like to come back to the good ones and watch them again, or watch them with friends (e.g. Polar Ep)

Repeats are shown on BBC Prime and BBC Word Service or whatever there calling it these days.

I always watch the episodes when they first get aired on BBC2, and all the various re-runs on BBC Three.

Hate to admit it but I also watch the UKTV broadcasts.

Lots of countries do still get top gear on tv, albeit years later with the music changed to generic crap :(

Lots of countries do still get top gear on tv, albeit years later with the music changed to generic crap :(

Agreed on the crap. That little spot they had on Discovery Channel nearly two years ago was absolutely appalling. Everything was changed, all the offensive American comments gone, etc.

And I would rather be watching it live, but I'm guessing most of the people on this forum download the episodes anyway, so its not that bad 8)

I don't think it's too bad either. It's only a couple of hours wait, I can watch it whenever I want on my own time, and keep it on my hard drive to watch again whenever I please.

I prefer to watch the downloaded versions. They do air Top Gear here on BBC Canada, but at least 6 months after the original airing in the UK. They take a chainsaw to it to allow for commercials, and that music re-editing is very annoying, since the music they originally use usually kicks ass.

I've got dtv which has a few English channels (incl. BBC 2), so I can watch it simultaneously an hour later (different time zone).

Are you joking? What's the problem with downloading them? With a good connection I get a 700 meg episode in around 40 minutes.

I even get the shows that air in Canada... it's easier because I can watch them when I have time and anywhere around the house on my laptop. Also if you get higher quality releases it will look better than your average regular definition TV.

yea i download the eps

but i got a good speed..so when the day arrives that top gear is on

i wait till night, download..40 min later i watch than sleep

its not bad at all

It's not that bad. You don't have to rush home and have to watch it at an exact time or miss it forever, and if you want to watch an old episode (from, say, Season 3) you can just fire it up on your computer. Lots of UK residents download episodes for the same reasons. The BBC World and America versions are condensed and shittier as a result.

:welcome: btw.

Sky + is a wonderful thing..... never miss a thing

^ I have a PVR on my computer but the quality is much less than an HR torrent release and it has commercials which you have to skip every time... plus Windows records them in some stupid umcompressed AVI format that takes up pretty much 4 gigs per hour.

I dunno how different a TV-based PVR would be... seems like downloads are just easier.

^ I have a PVR on my computer but the quality is much less than an HR torrent release and it has commercials which you have to skip everytime... plus Windows records them in some stupid umcompressed AVI format that takes up pretty much 4 gigs and hour.

I dunno how different a TV-based PVR would be... seems like downloads are just easier.

I have a Humax PVR and it is brilliant. The quality is exactly the same as is broadcast and I can skip a 3 min ad break in about 3 seconds.

But a nicely done up 350 or 700 meg video without ads is just great... only problem is if you have a slow or limited connection. Or if you're worried about getting indicted for piracy... I have said too much. :ninja:

nah,
you dont have to feel sorry, in fact i like sitting infront of my computer desperatly waiting for 1 hour to download 700 mb.
it all pays off in the end.
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Its not so bad because I can download it and then watch it at my leisure, whenever I want. Of course, without this site and the awesome users who go out of their way to capture and host the episodes, we'd be royally screwed.

Thankyou guys! :D

I quite like downloading the episodes because then it means I have them on my computer to keep.

Are you 8 years old?

:lol: seriously! alot of the UKers dl them ANYWAYS its not like its some big disadvantage and if it REALLY bugged someone i believe you can stream bbc2 fer around $40 p/mo