Denver Legalizes Marijuana for 21+

so basically what that article says is that this vote makes no difference at all? :rolleyes:

actually it does. I live near Denver and used to live in Denver, so I've seen the effects firsthand. Basically a cop can still write you a ticket based on the state law, however, only a Colorado State Patrolman is likely to do this, Denver cops won't touch you. CSP does not hang out in Denver, so the likelihood of you getting a ticket in Denver is pretty much 0. A Denver cop giving out a ticket for this does absolutely nothing for their carreer and just creates more paperwork, so they're not going to bother. Even before this was passed DPD would usually just confiscate your weed if it was a small amount and you're an adult. Most of the tickets they give out are to minors, and they can still give those, so they won't bother with adults.

also here is the original thread:
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=7599

so this is old news... and seems to have had no effect on the rest of the world... too bad...

I haven?t smoked for a long time and don?t intend to start again, but I definitely think that the criminalization of cannabis smokers is the biggest waste of money and resources in any sort of law enforcement...

Let me just make this clear, I don't smoke Marijuana. I never have, maybe I'll try it in the future, but I have no emediate need to do so.

But I think this is a very good idea. Firstly, marijuana is a lot less dangerous than, let's say alcohol, it will rather make you slow and peaceful than aggressive, even if it might make you angry. I've seen both.

But fact of the matter is, Holland has generally fever users of hard substances like heroin than other countries in Europe. I also think a county in Britain had good experiences with a pilot scheme?

So in my book, legalize the shit. They're only effing up their own brain, which it might do over the years, it's not like they're punching people in the nose.

yea you never hear "where'd you get that black eye? 'oh, honey was smoking again'"

That was pretty much the basis for their campaign, and it's true. When my mom was working as a victim's advocate she would go on a lot of domestic violence calls, and most of them involved alcohol. She never went on a call for weed. The only time she saw anything involving weed on the job was when they'd bust parties and give kids consumption tickets.

yea you never hear "where'd you get that black eye? 'oh, honey was smoking again'"

Lmao :lol:

I see nothing wrong with the legalization of marijuana. But i'd be amazed if federal laws are relaxed anytime soon, because that would mean that the gov't would have to admit it was wrong. And that doesn't seem to happen too often.