Money Mag: Best places to live(US)

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Milton? Where the hell is that? I've never even heard of that place before, and I've lived in my sheltered little corner of MA for 9 years.

Oh ok, there's a huge park there, and it's full of snooty rich people. Go figure. It's also dull as shit and there aren't any decent restaurants...hell, my town has a pizza place (my friend works there, free chicken parm ftw) and a coffee shop across the street from a Kia dealership. Why isn't that on there? Oh yeah, probably cuz of all the scumbag wiggers and druggies that infest our high school. :whistle:

Milton? Where the hell is that? I've never even heard of that place before, and I've lived in my sheltered little corner of MA for 9 years.

Oh ok, there's a huge park there, and it's full of snooty rich people. Go figure. It's also dull as shit and there aren't any decent restaurants...hell, my town has a pizza place (my friend works there, free chicken parm ftw) and a coffee shop across the street from a Kia dealership. Why isn't that on there? Oh yeah, probably cuz of all the scumbag wiggers and druggies that infest our high school. :whistle:

I have actually been to The Blue Hills it's a pretty nice place. But yeah Milton is only cool because it is close to Boston otherwise its just another town full or rich people.

I HATE sites have a list but make you go through individual pages to see the whole thing.

Fail.

/Wisconsin's #1 cause the turrists don't know where it is.

Hah! I grew up about one mile from Middleton! It is a pretty nice place, but very expensive. I spent alot of my youth playing around that city. I dont know what they call it now, but Middleton was called "The City Of Neighbors" for quite a long time.

:lol: I noticed they have a picture of Lakeview park, but probably cropped out the drunk boaters on Lake Mendota and didn't mention that lagoon smells like something awful.

Sigh....I sure miss the West Side of Madison. Hell, Wisconsin in general. It is the state that has everything, the best in the Midwest, yet no one seems to want to move there.

Then again, Ed Gein and Jeffery Dahmer lived in Wisconsin, too.

A lot of rich communities in there, places I'd love to live in but would never afford.

Iowa gets Urbandale, drove through it and that's about it. Personally I love living out on this side of the state, suprised that places like Mt. Vernon or at least one of the Cedar Rapids area outlying towns didn't get picked.

But I guess they're going for towns with a bit bigger population. There's only 2,000 people here and I have to say it's a great town to live, in just outside of Cedar Rapids. Driving the backroads to town full of cornfields and farming area is great. A lot better then living out Edwards, community wise anyways. But Cedar Rapids was picked in '05/'06, so at least we were nice at some point :D

I'd love to retire in Minnesota/Wisconsin somewhere when the time comes, and one of those three towns voted there easily fit my bill. My dad lived in MN/WI/IA while he was young, and always wanted to get a house around a lake just on the outskirts of some town. Would be great.

Last edited:
To me it seems awfully like they just found the most boring and snob-ridden places to live in. Oh well. :yawn:

Maryland is a one-word version of what you said. Truth.

My community is there and its certainly not a particularly affluent area maybe just touching the edge of upper middle class. they chose it mostly because of its location.
Sandwiched between the hustle and bustle of Austin, San Antonio and Houston is this quaint little town deeply rooted in Central Texas history. Schertz has the kind of collective nostalgia that historians only dream of: Descendents from the first settlers (last name Schertz) still reside in the city. The United Methodist Church building serves the same purpose as it did a century ago. And the same is true for the red-brick business building on Main Street. With San Antonio and its famous Riverwalk and plentiful jobs an easy drive away, Schertz's economy is humming. Schertz's crowning gem and most-beloved tradition? The Schertz Fourth of July Jubilee, which draws visitors from all over the state. -I.T.

My current town was on the list in 2005 (Manlius NY) above the average income below average temp. Not that bad for winter sports and a good mix of things to do, one of the top 10 beerfest of the states according to USA TODAY. The truth of the matter is the grass is always greener on the other side until you explore.

Madison is a really cool school though