2007 Formula 1 Season

^The only team Ralf belongs at is Spyker. :p

Vettel in at STR as of this round.

BMW release Vettel to Toro Rosso

Sebastian Vettel will leave BMW Sauber to take up a race seat with Toro Rosso with immediate effect, the German carmaker announced on Tuesday.

Vettel rise through the motorsport ranks has been supported by Red Bull, owners of the STR team, and BMW boss Mario Theissen revealed the 19-year-old had received an offer from the team to take one of its race seats.

?As our test and reserve driver Sebastian has carried out sterling work for us,? Theissen said,

?When he stood in for Robert Kubica in the USA Grand Prix he made history by becoming the youngest debutant to earn a world championship point.

?However, the current testing rules mean that he barely gets a chance to drive for us.

?Now he has been offered the opportunity to get inside a Toro Rosso cockpit.

?We have sponsored and coached Sebastian over a number of years.

?To place obstacles in his career path now would go against our concept of talent promotion.?

It is not yet known which of STR?s current two drivers, Tonio Liuzzi or Scott Speed, Vettel will be replacing.

More to follow shortly...

Source

I hope he replaces that prick Speed!! This is what STR need. Some new blood. I hope he does well. Now we just need Bourdais and STR will be known as Sebastian's Toro Rosso's

CONFIRMED:
He's replacing Scott Speed effective Hungary this week.

^ It's a good move by STR to sign Vettel, it's kind of a shame the way this came about, but I'm not disappointed. Bye bye Scott Speed.

The STR/Bourdais option expires today, so an announcement on that should be made soon.

There's a chance too that Bourdais could drive both F1 and Champ Cars, except the Surfers round, this season. So maybe Liuzzi might be going too, although I'd like to see him get another ride, away from a flamboyant organisiation.

There's a chance too that Bourdais could drive both F1 and Champ Cars, except the Surfers round, this season. So maybe Liuzzi might be going too, although I'd like to see him get another ride, away from a flamboyant organisiation.

^ I've heard that may be the case as well, but can't really see that happening. Liuzzi isn't 'on the nose' as much as Speed was. So he may stay until season end, plus with Bourdais leading the Champ Car series, his team may have concerns over him having a heavy driving schedule (as well as all the travel involved).

Yeh Scott seems like a nice bloke but didn't really show anything special in F1. Sebastien seems to have real potential. Look forward to seeing him race!

Scott Speed (named for irony) has done well in previous formulas, shame he couldn't keep it up, I also think the STR team is a bit of a mess and not that competitive compared to other upcoming teams like Spyker.

^ Spyker? Up and coming team? :lmao::lmao:

That second one is awesome :lol:

I love Will Powers reaction

^ Spyker? Up and coming team? :lmao::lmao:

Thats true actually, I should have checked the points (Spyker has none, STR have 1) but spyker has finished more races than STR

Just had a thought about Vettel and STR. This will work. He's German. The management are Austrian/German. He will fit in well with them.

I'd like to see him do well. Bourdais will be a fine addition too if he joins.

Re: Spyker. How can Spyker be called up and coming when they have been 3 seconds of the pace all year. Have sacked a driver and now have Yamamoto racing for them who didnt do that good in his few races last year.

Eddie should never have sold that team. Just think how different it would be right now if HHF had won the championship in 1999.

Just had a thought about Vettel and STR. This will work. He's German. The management are Austrian/German. He will fit in well with them.

I'd like to see him do well. Bourdais will be a fine addition too if he joins.

Re: Spyker. How can Spyker be called up and coming when they have been 3 seconds of the pace all year. Have sacked a driver and now have Yamamoto racing for them who didnt do that good in his few races last year.

Eddie should never have sold that team. Just think how different it would be right now if HHF had won the championship in 1999.

He had to sell though.

Spyker have Gascoyne on board now who is a pretty skilled manager and knows how to run his team to maximise the potential of the car and its developments. Sutil is also doing a pretty good job.

^ Im not a fan of Spyker. Simple as that.

He had to sell though.

Spyker have Gascoyne on board now who is a pretty skilled manager and knows how to run his team to maximise the potential of the car and its developments. Sutil is also doing a pretty good job.

Too bad it's not Gascoyne but that idiot Kolles running the team.

^ Im not a fan of Spyker. Simple as that.

That much is obvious! :p

Adunaphel, yeah sorry i should've clarified that by 'running the team', I meant technical team. Kolles is the team manager and the man whom Gascoyne answers to.

Anyway...

Stepney: Ferrari spy set me up

It's not too late, point scoring starts at the Bahrain GP. Click here.

Nigel Stepney has once again protested his innocence, saying that at no time did he hand Ferrari documents over to Mike Coughlan.

Stepney and Coughlan are the two men at the heart of the spying scandal that has rocked Formula One after Coughlan, McLaren's suspended chief designer, was found to be in possession of 780 pages worth of Ferrari secrets.

And Stepney is the man accused of giving him the documents.

However, the former Ferrari engineer insists he is innocent.

"I did not take any designs away from Ferrari. Someone passed on the designs but it wasn't me," Stepney told Italy's La Repubblica.

"I do not want to involve other colleagues. I know one part of the story, not all. Ferrari know the whole story."

Stepney also claims that someone still working for Ferrari is trying to frame him. "Someone set me up and that person is still within Ferrari," he added ominously.

As for the mysterious white powder that was found on the gas tanks of Ferrari's F2007s prior to the Monaco GP, Stepney denied doing that as well.

"I didn't put it there," he said. "They put the powder in my pants pocket while I was taking a shower."

Sauce

This story sounds pretty weak to me. Who would want to sabotage Stepney's relationship with Ferrari? He was upset at being passed over for promotion so as far as I can see, he has a motive, and means to carry out the activities. I'd like to think he is innocent but I can't see how he is going to clear his name here.

It really doesn't matter how many good people there are, Kolles has shown time and time again he manages to screw it up no matter what. If Spyker wants to have have any chance of surviving in F1, they need to ditch Kolles.

Last edited:
Bourdais is a great driver but jeez he chucks the shits when things don't go his way. Whinging about Doornbos? How about we remind him of Surfers Paradise last year when he took out Will Power!!