Audi Quarry Photoshoot

tinmanf1

Car(s)
2004 A4USP, 1978 Corvette
hey, all. wanted to introduce myself the proper way. here's my car.

it's a 2004.5 Audi A4 1.8TQ6M Ultrasport

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Engine:[/FONT]
GIAC/AWE GT28R kit w/ Flashloader
3" MAF Sensor
530cc Injectors
Highflow catalytic converter
Custom turbo inlet pipe to accomodate 3" MAF and bolt onto turbo inlet
Turbo inlet adapter flange
Stainless steel oil feed line with fittings
Stainless steel oil return line with fittings
Coolant feed and return lines with fittings
High grade stainless steel studs and washers for manifold collector
High grade replacement copper locking nuts for exhaust manifold
AWE/GIAC 5-Program Flashloader software (Includes Stock, Pump, Race, Valet, and Kill Modes)
Forged Internals:
-Wiseco Forged Lightweight Pistons
-Scat Forged Rods
APR Stealth Exhaust (powdercoated pearl black)
SouthBend OFE Clutch w/ SS-Pressure Plate
Evolution Racewerks FMIC (anodized black)
Powdercoated B5S4 Brakes
StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade
-Slotted Rotors
-Braided Stainless Steel Lines
-Axxis Ultimate Pads
-Motul5.1 Fluid
Evolution Motorsport CAI
Custom Heat-Shield
Forge 007P
Neuspeed SS
APR Snub Mount

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suspension:[/FONT]
Summer Wheels: 19x8.5 Velocity Motoring (B7) RS4 Replicas v.2 in Gunmetal wrapped in BFG KDW T/A tires {235/35_19} with OEM RS4 Centercaps
Winter Wheels: 18in OEM (B6) RS4 wrapped in Dunlop Sport 3D tires {235/40_18}
H&R Trak+ Spacers: 8mm front/rear (winter)
H-sport S4 Sway Bars
KW Variant3 Coilovers

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exterior:
S4 Bi-xenon E-codes
35W 3,000K HID Fogs
20% Llumar Metallic Tint
Custom Clear-bra
Euro Blind-Spot Mirrors
OEM Ferrari Horns
Kerscher CF Front Lip
DTH CF Lip Spoiler
Custom-Painted Grills (Brilliant Black)
Custom-Painted Rings (BMW Silver Grey)
[/FONT]
Custom-Painted Mirror-caps (BMW Silver Grey)
Kamei-Replica Eyelids (Brilliant Black)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interior:
OEM RS4 Pedals
OEM RS4 E-brake Handle
Lidatek LE-30 Laser-Jammer
Hardwired V1
AWE Boost Gauge
Garmin GPS
[/FONT]

Not pictured:
50% Windshield Tint
Sportec Sideskirts
Caractere Roof-Spoiler (on order)
Deval Rear Bumper w/ CF Insert (on order)
Custom CF Door-Blades (on order)
Custom CF Mirror Caps (on order)
DTH CF B/C-Pillars (on order)
GT2871 B-housing Turbo w/ 580cc/min Injectors
Custom GIAC software
Custom Tubular Manifold

dsc_0048pp.jpg

dsc_0050pp.jpg

dsc_0052pp.jpg

dsc_0056pp.jpg

dsc_0058pp.jpg

dsc_0059pp.jpg

dsc_0060pp.jpg

dsc_0061pp2.jpg

dsc_0064pp.jpg

dsc_0066pp.jpg

dsc_0067pp2.jpg

dsc_0074pp.jpg

dsc_0075pp.jpg

dsc_0077pp.jpg

dsc_0078pp.jpg

dsc_0079pp.jpg

dsc_0081pp.jpg

L8

Last edited:
That's a seriously awesome looking car you've got there - congratulations. Perhaps a touch low for my personal tastes (I'd lose the eyelids too) but awesome nonetheless. Did you get all the work done yourself or did you buy it with the mods?

oh, BTW, :welcome:

How much power is it putting out?

That's a seriously awesome looking car you've got there - congratulations. Perhaps a touch low for my personal tastes (I'd lose the eyelids too) but awesome nonetheless. Did you get all the work done yourself or did you buy it with the mods?

oh, BTW, :welcome:
why thank you thank you. yeah, I am iffy on the eyelids myself, but they make the car look much meaner. I'm going to do a custom hood in a bit, with a half-boser.

yep, all the mods I did myself (with the exception of the internals and the clutch, which I had help with, all mods were picked, purchased, and installed by myself.

here's what she looked like when I picked her up
UltraSport2.jpg

How much power is it putting out?
with the GT28R, it was making 285awhp. (170chp stock, and a 28% drivetrain loss. . . not too shabby). I haven't dynoed the GT2871 yet, because we're still tweaking the tune and getting the Methanol injection squared away, but preliminary power numbers are about 370awhp on pump.

L8

That is a huge difference... though it looks unique, nice. Oh and :welcome:

tinmanf1 Way to make an entrance! :welcome:
I especially like the rims with these mods - power and looks but not 'showey offey'. FWIW I'd loose the lids too - but its not my car.

Great looking car! Very nicely done mods. It all adds up to a very mean looking car that is not over the top. And a performance to more than match the looks. I am a jealous man.

PS.
The "American" bootlid makes the ass look a lot fatter than the "European" one, because of the extra metal next to the licensplate holder.
Euro bootlid:

IMHO that looks a lot better, but it might be weird with a smaller licenseplate.

Maybe I know too much about the disgusting forms of p0rn (know, not watch, mind you...), but "-Scat Forged Rods" made me laugh.

Anyways, good looking car. Tuned with taste, it doesn't always go so well ;-) Reconsider changing the hood, though, its looking good right now, if you don't mind my opinion. And :welcome: off course"

I love it, looks great!!!! Can we see your vette too..?
sure thing, man.

the vette is a 1978 25th Anniversary Edition. I bought it as an investment (and because I love the car so damn much!). Still just driving it around and enjoying it. I gotta start restoring it before I put too many miles on it.

img_2077.jpg

img_2078.jpg

img_2080.jpg

img_2083.jpg

L8

menacing lookin car, styled just right. Also the vette is so gorgeous, and is that half a million miles on it? and it still lokks THAT good?

^ Guessing the Vette was washed daily.

Oh, and that is an awesome-looking tuned Audi. Wow, never thought I'd use "awesome-looking" and "tuned" in the same sentence. :welcome:

menacing lookin car, styled just right. Also the vette is so gorgeous, and is that half a million miles on it? and it still lokks THAT good?
bwahaha, it's not 1/2 a million miles. it's 50,027.4mi. on a 1978 vehicle, that means that it's been driven about 2500 miles a day.

thanks for the comments, guys. i really appreciate them, and am pleased that my car is aesthetically-pleasing to those who really know vehicles!

L8

Wow. That is beautiful, both your cars! The Audi especially is wonderfully done, nice job.

God damn! I have a severe disliking of anything from VW, but damn I love the look of many Audi's with seemingly minor amounts of work.