TG filming on the Isle of Man again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMoose

Not A Dude
Car(s)
2005 Mini
It looks like they're filming on the Isle of Man again. This morning I was driving home (on the Island) from the ferry at 6am and passed by a group of 4 cars. The first really caught my attention because its headlights were just really cool looking slits. Anyone know what that could have been? Never seen anything like that before. I didn't see much of the first 2 cars, but the 3rd car was being driven by the Stig! I looked a bit like a Caterham (sp?) (I'm a girl, please forgive me). Even at 6am, he was in his helmet. The last car was a yellow Lambo, which I though might have been Clarkson's.

Just got home now from watching the sunset by the coast, and the same yellow Lambo (i'm not even going to try to spell it poroperly), was down there with 2 people who appeared to be part of the production team. Not sure what kind it was, but it had the doors that swing up, and European licence plates (so my earlier assumption from this morning that it might have been Clarkson's new one is probably wrong). One guy was driving it in circles while the other took photos. They seemed like they were really nice guys and afterwards they were speaking to a couple of dogwalkers and I overheard the words 'the Stig was driving this' and 'Ascari', so maybe one of the other 2 cars was an Ascari?

For anyone who knows the Island, they have been out filming on Marine Drive, where they've filmed in the past.

Really looking forward to seeing the Island on Top Gear again :)

The first car with the headlights that look like slits really sounds like the new Audi R8, and with the lambo there it even sounds more reasonable, a head to head between an Audi R8 and a Gallardo sounds very possible.

I know! It'll be amazing.

Although 'no speed limits' hardly applies anymore. I arrived here this morning for the first time since November and even on my short drive home, the only 2 stretches of road on the way home that used to be limitless are now 30 and 50.

Note: Marine Drive where they were filiming has a limit of 50mph. I feel some laws may have been broken today :p

Mods where is MiniMoose's 'Not a Dude' title -- deserves one?

Audi R8 - Wonder if it's the V10?

On speed limits I think that some latatude may be offered to TG by the authorities - they are good for the tourist biz!

I know! It'll be amazing.

Although 'no speed limits' hardly applies anymore. I arrived here this morning for the first time since November and even on my short drive home, the only 2 stretches of road on the way home that used to be limitless are now 30 and 50.

Note: Marine Drive where they were filiming has a limit of 50mph. I feel some laws may have been broken today :p

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

on a side topic, is true you practically have to buy your way onto the island? or is it possible to be working class and become a resident?

possible first car in the line:
ascari_kz1r_ontrack.jpg

Ascari

R8
Audi_R8_front.jpg

you meant horizontal slits, not vertical right?

No that's the Channel Islands where it is very difficult to move to - IoM is reasonable. My firm has a big place there and I've been over a few times - the income tax is so low too. The weather is a bit damp and windy in the winter that's all. Nice friendly people there when I went too.

You're right about residents. They're practically giving poor people money to LEAVE. Drives me crazy. I'm only here because my mom was born here (I'm Canadian). We left a comfortable life in Canada and now have to live in someone's garage. Fun.

Thanks for those pics of the first 2 cars, here's a sneaky shot I took of the 4th one this evening. It took a while to upload on dial-up...

DSC00001.jpg

That's a lamborghini lp640 spyder. Clarkson's is a Gallardo. I guess you are more than likely to see they guys there than anywhere else. I live not far from Chipping Norton, and use the route the affordable supercars used all the time. Alas, I've never seen any interesting cars!

^^ lp640, guess its not jezzas as he has a gallardo se spyder right?

Mods where is MiniMoose's 'Not a Dude' title -- deserves one?

She can join herself, but I just added her to the usergroup myself. :)

You're right about residents. They're practically giving poor people money to LEAVE. Drives me crazy. I'm only here because my mom was born here (I'm Canadian). We left a comfortable life in Canada and now have to live in someone's garage. Fun.

Thanks for those pics of the first 2 cars, here's a sneaky shot I took of the 4th one this evening. It took a while to upload on dial-up...

DSC00001.jpg

Definately looks like the top of Clarkson's head....

Nice investigative work.

I think an LP640 would easily out-muscle an Ascari or R8 though so I'm not sure how the match up will work, unless it's power vs. agility.

OK my friends have told me that they brought these cars:
Some Caparo T1 or even possibly T25
Lamborghini LP640
Porsche GT3
Ariel Atom
Audi R8
Jaguar XKR
Aston Martin Vantage Prodrive

Seems like a nice selection.
The Isle of Man is nice to live, if you happen to have money or are good in the financial offshore world.

Point of information about the Audi R8:

"The original concept was powered by a 5.0-litre, bi-turbo, 610bhp V10 petrol engine giving a 0-62mph time of 3.7sec and 214mph top speed. It?s unlikely this engine will appear from launch, but there?s no reason it couldn?t eventually end up in the R8 and in its sister supercar, the Gallardo."

Reference :

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-article.aspx?NA=217681

Well I for one do not want to miss that episode when it is aired.

A very nice selection of cars they brought, I'm going to guess there testing track day/unlimited speed limits on an island cars.

Did you see a film crew? Because it could be for the magazine.

Actually i am more amazed by the fact that Stig have his helmet on at 6am :lmao:,

and Minimoose you are(were) a canadian ay? ^^ (handshake)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.