Toyota establishes "Committee to create interesting cars"

And for god sakes, HAVE A FEW GODDAMN DECENT COMMERCIALS!! When your car is known for this:

[YOUTUBE]Y8LnNEWiciI[/YOUTUBE]

You have failed.

:lmao: THAT BLACK GUY CANNOT DANCE!!1

On topic though, they will fail. It'll be the same damn approach to every other car. Stolen or just plain awkward styling, plus of course, plain blatant lies with their marketing. This is the same company that says that the Camry "reads the road", and the Aurion, a FWD car with 200kW V6 has "changes the game" because it's so dynamic and great to drive. They also say it has 'F1 inspired technology... where? In the cup holders or something? I haven't heard such rubbish since my parents tried to convince me that Father Christmas was real after my friend told me about him being fake.

How can you design interesting cars with a committee? Like some of you guys said, great, interesting cars are made with passion. Not by a bunch of dull engineers and designers sitting around a table, trying to make something to dominate the market. What a joke! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys got something similar to the TRD Aurion that's meant to be coming out soon. Camry in an nice looking, agressive hat (it's not a bad looker!), plus a harrop supercharger, that's going to making 232kW apprently. "Mmmm!", you might be thinking..

Oh, but wait. There's going to be no AWD. Boy that traction control is going to have a miserable life.

I had a thought: how about having the person who designed the 2001-2007 Subaru Impreza design for them? They are so ugly, yet oh so original...

some of the old toyota's are interesting. there only interesting tho because there not interesting at all... if that makes sense.

I know what you're on about. Old Toyotas had no pretense about being interesting, they just were what they were. Simple, honest engineering. That's what makes cars like the HiLux so loveable.

A committee cannot create an interesting car. You end up with this:

homer_dreamcar.gif

*cough*modernupdate*cough*
so you want an underpowered flexy chassis oxcart suspension econo car with drum brakes, crappy interior, and ugly looks that can be beat in every way by a base model honda civic?:p

just make sure the main character in a terrible anime show drives one so then it'll be good.

so you want an underpowered flexy chassis oxcart suspension econo car with drum brakes, crappy interior, and ugly looks that can be beat in every way by a base model honda civic?:p

just make sure the main character in a terrible anime show drives one so then it'll be good.

Sad but true...and I am a fan of Initial D! :lol:

Actually it had disc brakes unless you got the SR5s.
yeah I spaced that, but that's the only point you can get me on. the rest is all too true.
Jayhawk said:
Sad but true...and I am a fan of Initial D!
I'm a fan of ID and the AE86, but some people take that shit WAY too seriously. The AE86 is a great car not because it's great, but because it's so shitty. It's fun in a low tech unrefined go kart sort of way, not in because it's actually a good car. building a shitty fun car would be terrible for Toyota. There aren't enough fanboys who would buy it, and even most of the faboys would probably stick with their original cars as there would undoubtedly be something wrong with the feel or build and it would end up being a lot heavier than the original.

if they were to build a downmarket RWD coupe/hatch it would probably end up being more like a silvia in feel and type, and if they did such a thing it would probably be pretty successful, I'd at least consider buying one if it doesn't come out looking like those concepts or a scion. but to rehash the AE86 would be a disaster.

A Scion tC replacement? Fuck no!!

And i'll believe the $12,300 price tag when I see it.

Well, the Scion tC's critical flaw is that it is wrong wheel drive. If they made it RWD, I would be more inclined towards it (if I had the finances for it, that is). I see a RWD replacement of the tC as a good thing. Granted, I'd prefer a 'retro-styled' RWD Corolla 3-door. Of all the things that Toyota could do, I'd much much much like them to have a proper Supra replacement.

Of all the things that Toyota could do, I'd much much much like them to have a proper Supra replacement.
If this committee has a say on a Supra replacement I hope they recommend it to be cheaper than Supras been in the past. The Supra has been Toyota's most expensive car when it was around. Thanks to Fast and Furious getting a Mk IV that hasn't been molested is a lot more difficult and very expensive for a used car.

As for the old AE86, I don't think zenkidori was wrong on any of his other points except styling. The AE86 does not have a nice interior as its pretty gloomy, the suspension design is old and it is a Corolla chassis. I do like the looks because it looks like a cheap 2 or 3 door regular coupe. Meaning the cops here would turn a blind eye to it like they do with my current car, as much as I like aggressive looking cars the cops here like to discriminate against those. Its no sports car and was never meant to be one. If I happen to get one I'd modernize it.

If this committee has a say on a Supra replacement I hope they recommend it to be cheaper than Supras been in the past. The Supra has been Toyota's most expensive car when it was around. Thanks to Fast and Furious getting a Mk IV that hasn't been molested is a lot more difficult and very expensive for a used car.

I've always been more inclinded towards Mk III Supras myself. Most ricers don't even know what it is :lol: Then again I kinda liked the sharp boxy designs most japanese cars had during the 80's...

Alright.
1. Small RWD AE86 update
2. New MR2
3. Midsize Sports Car - like a 350Z competitor
4. Halo Car (new Supra, please badge the damn thing as a Toyota and not a fucking Lexus)

To me an interesting car just can't be thought up by a committee, it is created through passion, through competition,etc. The problem I see with Toyota currently is they can make a reliable car and that's it, it is just a car, there is no passion in what they do, they're line of thinking is if everyone else can can do it so can we, but they don't understand how a car is produced. That's my opinion anyway.

agreed. Toyotas are just so plain and they look so uninspired. It's sad really.