BBC admit Top Gear caravan blaze was a stunt

No Shit Sherlock :p

It kind of sucks to find out that everything they have done was scripted...

I just hope that from now on they'll stick to burning rubber on the track rather than setting caravans on fire, paving roads, planting corn, or any of other of their latest bs.

It kind of sucks to find out that everything they have done was scripted...

No, really...scripted?

**Insert appropriate face turning from shock to sarcasm**

Yeah, let's put one of the highest paid blokes on the Beeb and the other two in an accidental fire, an accidental sinking car, an accidental car wash fire etc...

I can see the insurance company 'quote [them] happy' on that one.

It's all great tv anyway :)

I'd like to know what else was set up, Like the races across Europe, I'd like to think there real but it would be very easy to fake or set up.

i dont understand the point of staging up the whole trip, i reckon the whole polar challenge was fake, they only stayed there for couple of days at max, did filming quickly. blah blah blah.

Of course the redneck show last year was fake - even the polar special was fake - rewatch it, in a lot of scenes where Clarkson is more afraid than ever in his life you can see their car following in the tracks of the lead ?support? car. Come on ? do you really think they would go out on ice without first testing it? Even if Clarkson was willing to do so, the videographers wouldn?t!

I really hate to think that the races are fake. Consider the race between the SLR and the speed-boats. May and Hammond weren't even close; Clarkson slaughtered them in that race. I'd really like to think that this indicates that the races are real.

I can believe a car like the DB9 or 612 could be quicker than a plane or a train, its the last bit where Hammond and May come stuck because they have to get to the hotel or restaurant. I think the location is chosen to give the car the upper hand

Man, if EVERYTHING is scripted my balloon is bursted. I had a feeling about the race to the Ski lodge where Clarkson literally passed them on the hill as they're walking to the hotel.

Come on...actors they are not! The looks on their faces demonstrate that they are not staged and that some things genuinely happen.

The majority of stuff is real....with the exception of Hammond's glowing teeth. That I have issues with!

Something that has, quite honestly taken me a while to realise. But then none of you have pointed it out so I look good anyway - but surely the mail would realise that if top gear had genuinely set a caravan on fire by accident then it would have appeared in at least 1 paper, considering the chequebook cash in hand journalism we have here.

i dont understand the point of staging up the whole trip, i reckon the whole polar challenge was fake, they only stayed there for couple of days at max, did filming quickly. blah blah blah.

The actual events of course weren't exactly in line what was portrayed on TV, but it was a real expedition.

Check out [url="http://www.invinciblehilux.co.uk/]invinciblehilux.co.uk[/url] (which is basically just a rip of Arctic Trucks' own pages about the expedition) for more info on the whole thing.

Last edited:
^ The relaxed nature of May and Hammond when Clarkson came out and said "how do you put out a pan fire" also gave it away - Next time, more panic and throw a caravanner onto the fire for dramatic effect.

It's a television show, not a chronical of these peoples lives. Did the caravan set on fire? Then it's real. It was a burning caravan. :p

Watch the damn show without putting so much of your brain to it. Then you'll enjoy it. I don't understand why people have to make a fuss about if its fake or not. Its good TV, and frankly one of the only TV shows I watch these days.

Its like those guys that spot hard-to-notice bloopers in movies. If its blatantly obvious that theres an error, thats fine, but if you're rewinding and watching it more than once, please open the door and step outside.

Clarkson, May and Hammond are fakes!!!11!

Oprah Winfrey truly, honestly cares about her guests on the show,
and she really reads the books and everything is real REAL!!!11one

we had a similar issue here in Australia recently with the comedy show The Chasers War on Everything being accused by a tabloid TV show Today Tonight of "faking" some of their pranks to make them look real.

As already expressed on this forum, its a case of "no shit?!" , and its not like they are 100% truth telling, like the news or what have you. Its entertainment, and awesome entertainment to boot.

Cant wait for the upcoming TG season!!

I live in Pensacola, Florida, and I'm about 15 miles from where they were attacked by "rednecks" (Bagdad, Florida). Just in case the Daily Mail would like to know, I'm pretty sure the whole attack was faked. Stop the presses!!

I'm sure noone really thought it was real. hehe