The Lewis Hamilton thread: Love him or hate him?

^ I bet she now realises that he is on the verge of making millions and has decided that she needs to be a part of that :D

Heres another piccie

I agree with both those comments.

Personally I think hes a prick...... All you hear during ITVs F1 coverage is about fucking Lewis. There other drivers there as well Martin.....

I thought it was James who went on all the time and that Martin tried to talk about the others??

Images didn't load on the last page, were there any? Anyways, if this is a repost sorry.
Mirror%2017_03_07002--280x190.jpg

He could do better. $10 says he could steal Heidi Klum from Seal!

Personally I think hes a prick...... All you hear during ITVs F1 coverage is about fucking Lewis. There other drivers there as well Martin.....

Blame the media for the focus on him - Lewis isn't a prick because people are talking about him.

vRS its not his fault that ITV always talks about him, why is he a prick. I think that he would prefer that they didn't talk that much about him.

As of Hungary. Hate him!

Do your realise that the British Media like to build people up just to smash them down again. If he wins this years championship expect to see kiss and tell stories, Hamilton ate my hamster stories, etc.

We (i.e. English probably more than the other nations in the UK actually) do not like to see people 'trying' to be successful, they should be just because. ...

Remember poor old Nick Faldo anyone?

This is why I don't like him. Here's an answer he gave in the press conference after the race.

Q: (Tony Dodgins ? Autosport) Obviously the seeds of the win were sewn yesterday. I wonder if you can clear a couple of things up. First of all, the team said that this was one of the tracks where it wasn?t possible to do the same number of burn-off laps but then when you do the maths it seems as if it is. And secondly, the reason why you didn?t respect the agreement for Fernando to get out (of the pits) first. I think you said Kimi was close and I think you said you didn?t agree with it. Could you just elaborate a little bit please?

LH:
Firstly, I finished my Q2 time first, so I came into the pits. They cooled down my car quickest, so I was at the end of the pit lane first, which is always the aim for me. It?s what I like to do, I like to be out first. When I was at the end of the pit lane, they reminded me ?Lewis, let Fernando past? and I saw that Fernando was sort of staggered to the right of me and Kimi was very very close behind that. So I immediately thought, OK, we can let Fernando past as long as we don?t let Kimi past because that puts me out of sync and could ruin my qualifying run. So I had to take a split (second) decision. I got round the first corner, I thought ?OK, if Fernando keeps with me, we will both make it, we?ll both have the pace.? So I pushed, I don?t know why he didn?t, but he dropped off quite a bit. I was told to let Fernando past later on but he was miles behind so I just kept going.

He was reminded about his requirements as a McLaren driver to let Fernando past TWICE. It's not hard to let Fernando past you and block the car behind him from passing, especially when you have the fastest car on the track.

Secondly, If he knew he had to let Fernando past before Qualifying had started, why did he need to make a split second decision as to whether or not he should do it. And then, why would he go off at break neck speed so that Fernando couldnt get near him to pass?

Thirdly, ok so he came into the pits in Q2 first, big deal. Sit there 5 seconds longer and allow Alonso past in the pit lane to head the cue.

I don't like Lewis Hamilton. We see in press conferences that he is a nice, smiling young man, but there is another side to him and I don't like it. I can't believe Im saying this as I like McLaren, but I wouldnt be upset if a Ferrari driver won the championship, if it means Lewis didnt win it.

And remember, it's his fault that McLaren got penalised for failing to stick to the pre-arranged plan. So I have no sympathy for him for not making his final lap. I hope Ron punishes him behind the scenes for the disrespect he showed on the radio.

Last edited:
I have to admit Lewis' antics at the start of the Q3 have tarnished him a little - it doesn't excuse Alonso's later behaviour, just makes the both of them as guilty as each other. But yes, I'm very surprised to see Lewis act in such defiance of McLaren & Ron Dennis - and yes, I did notice some arrogance showing through. Depending how the next couple of races go - I could end up supporting no one for the title...

^ Honda could do with a few more fans...

^^....and new technical staff!! Teehee sorry dude!!

I think Lewis has now shown he is prepared to be ruthless to win this championship. Yes maybe it tarnishes his reputation but he was asked to do something that would benefit his team-mate and possibly jeopardise his position. Would Alonso have let Hamilton past?? I don't think so

I still don't have a problem with Hamilton, but then again I can't stand Alonso. I think there is nothing wrong with what Hamilton did in Q3, I think Alonso is trying to 'break' Hamilton so he 'stumbles' and Alonso will 'drive' over him for the championship.

I still don't have a problem with Hamilton, but then again I can't stand Alonso. I think there is nothing wrong with what Hamilton did in Q3, I think Alonso is trying to 'break' Hamilton so he 'stumbles' and Alonso will 'drive' over him for the championship.

True - I think Alonso's getting frustrated because he can't break Hamilton. I'm still a Hamilton fan, but I have to shake my head at the attitude he showed. There's a fine line between being confident and arrogant - I just hope Lewis stays on the right side of it.

I dont want to see Hamilton turn into Schumacher early 90's. We dont need a driver like that in F1 anymore.

personally i don't like lewis. i think the only reason why he's so successful is because he was lucky and started off his career with mclaren-mercedes. there are other drivers that are just as skilled(Nico Rosberg as a prime example) if not more and if they were in McMerc they'd probably be even more successful than Hamilton.
it seems to me like Hamilton in F1 is the equivalent of Danica Patrick in IRL: both are people we don't expect to do well(rookie\woman) and are lucky enough to get into a good team and now they're getting a ton of press attention.