Random Thoughts....

^ What was the other guy doing? Were their eyes shut? I imagine your bf wasn't going particularly fast at the time...

At least he's ok though.

I've been around enough car accidents to know they're never totally one persons fault. The other car must take a portion of the blame because you must always take a glance to make sure noone is coming.

Great example of Russian foreign policy again... Georgia gets a (luckily unexploded) Russian bomb on their territory, but the Russians don't know nothing.

nope, he was only going about 10 km/h.

the other driver was a young mother with a newborn baby going about 60km/h. i wasn't there so i don't know if she could have braked to avoided him or whatnot, but unfortunately she had right of way so yeah.

i'll post pics when i cbf resizing them, they're massive. i still want him to get a pro opinion on the damage, but he's sure it'll be written off.

edit: YAY someone resized them for me.

http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/3826/07082007113vz6cs8.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/3245/07082007115tv7em6.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/6518/07082007116jc1tw9.jpg

any opinions? all his friends seem to be divided. and no pro has been called, it's 11pm :p

Last edited:
Soooo, I'm thinking of clever ways to get more people in the forum mafia game, any ideas?

:mrgreen:

That last pic suggests the door might have been sprung. Difficult to tell from the angle. That pretty well means new car time. If not however, he might just get away with it assuming the impact hasn't bent the chassis, damaged the engine, suspension geometry etc.

Last edited:
http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/3826/07082007113vz6cs8.jpg

any opinions? all his friends seem to be divided. and no pro has been called, it's 11pm :p

Basically, a TE Magna is worth bugger-all these days (as an estimate 4-5k, I know, I have one). To repair that, there is not only the headlight, front indicator, front wing, front bumper, internal bumper crush structure, bonnet, possibly engine bay (battery holder), looks like front alignment (tracking arm), also the general alignment of the front crash structure, plus respray.

Definitely more than 4k to repair.:(

That last pic suggests the door might have been sprung. Difficult to tell from the angle. That pretty well means new car time. If not however, he might just get away with it assuming the impact hasn't bent the chassis, damaged the engine, suspension geometry etc.

Not always, they now have big robots that can straighten a bent chassis at many bodyshops.

they tried that with my fathers V70 after it got side kicked by a lorry, but it never got completely right again. The steering was a bit off and there was some vibration in the wheels at a certain speed which they couldn't fix.

Well today is tuesday, my football/socer/calcio/whatever team is losing and i'm already drunk. Going out to drink some more. Have fun people. I know i am.

heres a random thought I've been pondering. How bad would you feel if you were a professional baseball/basketball etc. player and you saw your stats on a videogame and realized you suck to the point where your own kid wont put you on his team cuz he wants to win the championship.

Not suck so much, maybe? That, or go beat down some videogame developers, I can't imagine they would put up much of a fight.

Montreal is awesome!

btw. It's scary easy getting in and out of the US. :blink:

I got asked 20 questions and had my car searched when going to the US. Coming back was nothing because I am a Canadian citizen. 5 minutes max.

heres a random thought I've been pondering. How bad would you feel if you were a professional baseball/basketball etc. player and you saw your stats on a videogame and realized you suck to the point where your own kid wont put you on his team cuz he wants to win the championship.

Some guy did that to Madden, then his stats were maxed out. He is some running back. RedvsBlue did a parody of it before and then got yelled at by the NFLPA

Internets is down for us too :( stupid ISP need 1 week to switch...

thank you guys, i'm so confused about it still. his friends want to do some backyard mechanics with it and that scares me. i want him to strip it for parts, sell it off and buy something else. arghhh :(