2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

Planet-f1 are really milking the McLaren drivers issue arent they? Now they've suggested that Ferrari may target Hamilton...

If in the unlikely event that occured, would Alonso then stay at McLaren?

......:p

Definitely, I'm sure he really doesn't want to give up such a competitive car. He's just sick of Hamilton. I still don't really understand his anger towards Hamilton, but then we don't get to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Planet-f1 are really milking the McLaren drivers issue arent they? Now they've suggested that Ferrari may target Hamilton...

If in the unlikely event that occured, would Alonso then stay at McLaren?

......:p
If you think that's bad, you should check out their forums.

Ferrari wants Hamilton - for $US35m

Ferrari reportedly wants to sign Lewis Hamilton from Formula One rival McLaren - for a staggering $US35m.

Italian sports daily Tuttosport reported Monday that Ferrari was prepared to offer F1 rookie Hamilton the massive sum to defect next season.

Current Ferrari drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, who have won a combined five races this season, have apparently failed to convince the team they can fill the void left by retired seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.

Ferrari could not be reached for comment on Tuesday.

The 22-year-old Hamilton has finished in the top three in all but one of the 11 races this season. He leads teammate and two-time world champion Fernando Alonso 80-73 in the drivers standings. Raikkonen is third with 60 points, followed by Massa with 59.

Hamilton recorded his third victory at the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday, although his relationship with McLaren is reportedly under pressure.

Alonso was relegated from first to sixth on the grid after a ruling that McLaren and the Spanish driver had delayed Hamilton during the last pit stop in Saturday's final qualifying session.

Hamilton was subsequently awarded the pole position after having recorded the second-fastest time.

McLaren was told it would lose any points it gained from the race, although the driver standings was unaffected by the ruling. Hamilton picked up 10 points for winning and Alonso five for finishing fourth.

Hamilton also had a reported shouting match over the team radio with McLaren boss Ron Dennis over the tactics on Saturday. Hamilton has since said he wants to mend bridges with his mentor.

There are six races remaining this season. The next is in Istanbul, Turkey, on Aug. 26.

Source
----------------------------------

If he did leave McLaren for Ferrari, then that would show his arrogance off to everyone. What a nice way to repay Ron if he did hey!

What kind of contract has he got? Just 1 year?
Considering the Hamilton hype, 35mln is far to less. Make pounds out of it and it gets close. There is no driver in the Formula 1 grid who is more valuable than him. If he really has only a 1 year, contract than McLaren will simply step up and match that offer, since they gain much more through Hamilton on the marketing front.

Bah, it's all baseless, rumouring-mongering. At this point, I'm not reading anything into any of those reports.

Hamilton will have a shocker and Kubica in the BMW will win the championship!

Good to see you've come to your senses and have given up on Honda for '08 as well. :p

As much a McLaren supporter I am, Lewis should go to Ferrari if this is indeed true. He gets the chance to be a multiple WDC as #1 driver and we get the epic alonso vs hamilton battle of all proportions.

Alonso (or anyone else) free to leave McLaren if he doesn't accept equal drivers
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40318

I think if anyone is going to leave McLaren Alonso is far more likely than Hamilton. I'd hope Hamilton would repay McLaren and Ron Dennis' investment in him with his commitment.

None of them will leave Mclaren, that would be crazy to leave a championship winning team so soon.

To be honest I don't think there will be any major moves next year....Hamilton is happy staying at McLaren. Jean Todt has professed his happiness in his driver pairing. All just media rubbish really. Probably be a few moves further down the grid though. PlanetF1 has Piquet Jnr pairing with Williams. Which makes a lot of sense as he was one of their star young recruits a couple of years back.

Wooh just heard that Alonso is going at the end of the year. Likely to replace either Felipe Massa at Ferrari or Giancarlo Fisichella at Renault. I only got a Belgian sauce so that's why i'll just say it here. :p

Is it tasty?

It's spicy, local and gossip-y sauce!

"It's magic what is happening, but Lewis has to be very careful he doesn't get too political," Eddie Jordan told BBC Sport. "He has to be careful he doesn't say too much that ostracises him or puts him in a position where Ron Dennis has to make a choice."

Jordan warned Hamilton to realise that it has been Alonso's input to the McLaren team that has helped them both enjoy a winning car this season.

"I believe McLaren is giving him a car that's good enough because of what Alonso has brought to the team," Jordan added. "Alonso does feel ostracised. He feels all the team, initially anyway, was going Hamilton's way when he was the big story."

Meh, too bad Jordan left. I miss those bright yellow cars. :(

Toro Rosso signs Bourdais for 2008

Scuderia Toro Rosso has confirmed that it has signed three-time Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais for the 2008 season.

The 28-year-old Frenchman has been linked with a drive at the second-string Red Bull outfit for some time, having impressed the team on several test outings over the past year.

The announcement means that STR will have an all-new driver line-up next year, leaving Italian incumbent Vitantonio Liuzzi out in the cold.

Bourdais will partner Red Bull-backed German youngster Sebastian Vettel, who stepped into Scott Speed?s seat at the Hungarian Grand Prix after the American?s acrimonious split with the team and was immediately signed for 2008.

Bourdais has been looking to break into Formula 1 since winning the F3000 title in 2002.

An initial opportunity with Arrows fell through when the team folded, and a potential Renault drive slipped through his fingers because Bourdais could not agree terms with Flavio Briatore, who wanted a management deal to be tied into the contract.

Instead Bourdais moved to America in 2003 and built a stellar Champ Car career, which eventually reawakened the interest of the F1 world.

?It has been a long time coming, but here we are!? he said.

?I would like to thank everyone at Red Bull for believing in me and giving me this long-awaited opportunity to race in Formula 1.

?I must also thank Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing for letting me pursue my dream and allowing me to test for Scuderia Toro Rosso a few times this year.?

Bourdais will be free to join Toro Rosso after the final round of the Champ Car season on December 2.

Source

Whats the odds that he will try and blow Vettel away so he can leave STR after all the problems they have had and join a bigger team in 09!

Also, will STR be using an RBR/Renault package for 08?

Haha I posted those exact sentiments on another forum :p