The "New Toys" Thread

30 inch, holy shit :). I read you needed two DVI-connections to support that resolution?
You need dual-link DVI to get the full resolution. It's a single connector but with a couple of extra pins. It's supported on most of the recent graphics cards.

all-DVI-types.jpg

23" Samsung LE23R32B

So far I really like it. it's the ideal LCD to connect to your PC/console. Nothing fancy but a big improvement over my old "TV" which was my 19" 5:4 TFT.
I just couldn't say no when I saw it for 399,00 EUR

Plus it looks really good in person.

http://img389.imageshack.**/img389/8854/012yf1oe6.jpg

Sweet, I just bought exactly the same LCD a few weeks ago. May it be possible that you ordered it via alternate.de?

Well Im still looking for a monitor since Dell sent the wrong monitor, I got a full refund too, and got to play with the wrong one for a few days!

I think 30" is too big for me. The R+D department at work have a few 30" monitors, they are huuuuuuge! I think 24" will do me fine!

Sweet, I just bought exactly the same LCD a few weeks ago. May it be possible that you ordered it via alternate.de?

I didn't. Personally I find alternate a bit too pricey. Especially since you basicly can get everthing at a similar prices sans shipping fees in stores here.

I bought it it at the electronics retailer around the corner. Gotta support mom and pop. ;)

Ah, I see. I was just guessing, because I did pay exactly the same price at alternate, which is something like my electronic retailer around the corner, approx. 5 km away from where I live.;)

The sucky thing is that because most monitors are TN panels, their viewing angle sucks...so much so with a monitor that large that unless the monitor is set far enough back from the front of the desk, that the sides of the monitor will be outside of the normal visible viewing angle of the monitor...crazy! With my normal-sized computer desk, I couldn't see going past 22"

On a completely unrelated sidenote, has anyone heard anything about any cunsumer-line LED-backlit monitors? That's what I'm waiting for, for my next purchase...if you have any info (I can't seem to find anything) feel free to PM, since this isn't the proper thread for this sort of thing, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread."

The sucky thing is that because most monitors are TN panels, their viewing angle sucks...so much so with a monitor that large that unless the monitor is set far enough back from the front of the desk, that the sides of the monitor will be outside of the normal visible viewing angle of the monitor...crazy! With my normal-sized computer desk, I couldn't see going past 22"

On a completely unrelated sidenote, has anyone heard anything about any cunsumer-line LED-backlit monitors? That's what I'm waiting for, for my next purchase...if you have any info (I can't seem to find anything) feel free to PM, since this isn't the proper thread for this sort of thing, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread."

I've only used TN panels, so they look fine to me. The viewing angle is pretty crappy, but I don't expect much from a $200 22" monitor :lol:

Led backlight, OLED, SED... all those nice technologies :/ I'm afraid we'll have to wait another couple of years before we can have an affordable super thin screen with perfect black levels on our desks.

didn't toshiba present some tech that has around 50000:1 contrast ratio at a tech fair a while back?

EDIT: oh, right, google says it's called SED, like already mentioned ^^

Last edited:
http://img59.imageshack.**/img59/3255/cicco1dq2.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.**/img407/15/cicco2cl1.jpg

Taken with my N95 8)

(Bonus hair in the pictures)

Last edited: