Problem with the reported destination of the Top Gear Polar Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you germans are certainly sticklers for the details.... so i guess its only proper that you moan about them leaving details out.

this is why no one finds germany or germans funny. you're just too serious about everything

NO I AM NOT! YOU WILL GO BACK UND DO IT AGAIN! :mad:

j/k mate! :lol:

OH KNOES!!!!

The caravan fire was staged, and now they didn't go to the real north pole!

What a two-bit show, I guess I'll have to just quit watching. ;)

well you germans are certainly sticklers for the details.... so i guess its only proper that you moan about them leaving details out.

this is why no one finds germany or germans funny. you're just too serious about everything

hahaha

NO I AM NOT! YOU WILL GO BACK UND DO IT AGAIN! :mad:
j/k mate! :lol:

Lollerskates.

Yeah dude who cares. I'm going to be a research scientist after I get in and out of graduate school, and even I wouldn't be such a stickler for such minute insignificant and irrelevant details.

They did a great job, and as you can see from the way Hammond had been during the course of the run, you can tell they went through quite a lot. I say kudos to the TG crew for doing a great job and making a great episode.

Makes it odd then that with sooooo many hours of footage they end up showing the same crash twice. The one that supposedly broke the drive shaft was shown again near the end of the program during JC's romp to the finish.

Finally, if people don't care about clarity, openess or honesty no matter how small the failure then in the longer term when somebody tells you the earth will explode in 10-yrs you won't believe them..... no wait, that might be now already.

Learn to search, kthnx. :nazilock:

And use the existing thread anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_Challenge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_Race
In 1996, polar adventurers Jock Wishart and David Hempleman-Adams organised The Ultimate Challenge, in which they chose 10 arctic novices from over 500 applicants and successfully led them to the Magnetic North Pole. On the same trip, they made the first scientific measurements by magnetometer and theodolite for many years to determine the exact location of the Magnetic North Pole: 78?35.7?N, 104?11.9?W. This is the most recent certified position, although it has certainly moved since.

In other words, they went to the most recent certified position of the magnetic north pole. The rest of the positions people talk about is nothing more than educated guesses. This was the last time the position of the north pole was pinpointed with absolute certainty.

:dancinglock:

Status
Not open for further replies.