The Mercedes....Viper?

I dont know if anyone paid attention when I mentioned such a long time ago when GM "donated" 8 SRT-8s to merc and AMG who dismantled the SRT-8s to test the transaxle and other parts of the new sportscar they are building. I bet my left leg this is one of those rebuilt test mule dodges with mercedes equipment.

That thing is longtastic - which makes me think Maybach

this was the concept pic i think:

6070809.001.Mini11L.jpg

Of course it looks great, because it's all black and has the back of a Viper and the front of a helicopter gunship. ;)

But judging the upcoming Mercedes supercar on this is a bit like..

bieggsperm2.jpg

.."Yeah, she's gonna be pretty hot!"

I bet you can park a small hatchback in this engine bay...

The SRT-8 is just a mule to test the transaxle and some components, without actually building a prototype. The merc car wont look anything like the mule, as the mule is just a SRT-8 in camo clothing.

The SRT-8 is just a mule to test the transaxle and some components, without actually building a prototype. The merc car wont look anything like the mule, as the mule is just a SRT-8 in camo clothing.

You might be right... if you mean SRT-10 of course. I remember something about that story. <_<
Of course the car will be nowhere close to this in terms of looks.....:lol: Does anyone remember that Enzo test mule??:rolleyes:

Mercedes should really put the SLR engine in it, it sounded amazing.

Sorry, of course I meant the SRT-10, got confused :) I've had the luck to get a ride in the last SRT-10 before it was dismantled :)

You guys are boring as hell. That's the coolest damn car I've seen in a long time; those proportions are so ridiculous as to be astonishing. It's a Dusenberg, a TVR, Cruella DeVille's company car, and the Batmobile all rolled into one, and I want one with all that test mule stuff on there. I hope they stuff a nuclear reactor under the hood and missiles above the headlights.
And don't forget it's also stealth !!

Anyone agrees with me that could actually be the only good 'child' of the DaimlerChrysler marriage?

Looks to me like Mercedes wanted one last gouge at Chrysler before they were made the minority holder.

Maybe it's the test mule for the new 'baby' SLR? The SLR has a long hood too :)

Yea whats with those Germans, always bein' so damn smart...