Random Thoughts....

I just noticed that I now have an orange message bar on my screen when I visit Wikipedia, telling me that I have been temporarily banned from editing pages for adding useless information, and this is a final warning.

It's August. The ban was in JUNE. 2 months have passed, and I'm just seeing this now, and I already knew about the ban when it was issued. Not to mention, it was for an article I never touched (bar charts), and I never do such stupid vandalism. (someone replaced something with 'Mr. Agabiti sucks balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!') IN ADDITION, the idiot's IP address and mine are entirely different!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Email Wiki and point all that out.

Good idea... doing that now.

my university is banned for vandalism :D :D :D

wikipedia is shit to cite too. how to you cite "random person on the other side of the world with an internet connection who may not know anything about the subject whatsoever"

my teachers all banned wikipedia being used in our work for this reason. although it's a good starting point if you want to do prelim learning on the subject if you don't know what you're doing.

I like using wiki for citing things that are common knowledge, when I can't find an easier frase in a book. For instance, I couldn't find very basic communication theory, sender -> message -> recipient, in my books, so I cited wiki. The teacher knows this already, but I'm in the clear, since I got a citation.

I use Wikipedia quite a bit in my uni assignments, but I just make up the reference, or use the sources quoted at the bottom of the wiki article.

Oh, Aduna, if the red username is anything to go by, did you just become a moderator? In that case, congratulations. If not, :bangin:

yeah monash blatently ban wiki use for the FIT department but encourage using it as a starting point to find other more credible sources.

If you are going to cite Wiki, try using the citations that are in the article to cite a particular fact. Then you aren't citing Wiki, but the original source.

Sunday-Thursday: hot n' humid. The thermometer is pushing 80-90.
Today-60 degrees and rainy.

No more stifling heat (for today)! :D

Don't you live up near the Arctic Circle or something?

Don't you live up near the Arctic Circle or something?

It's not feeling very "arcticy" when the inside temperature has reached 30C (~85F) during the day and the afternoon for the last week (the sun heats our apartment all day long). In the worst case the bedroom temperature has been at the same level through the night (haven't been able to keep the window open, the draft wouldn't be good for our 5 month old daughter nor my missis, who currently has an ear infection). No wonder I've felt tired as hell at work, even though I've slept for a decent amount of hours...

Yeah, just dig yourself into some gletsjer or something.

What the hell is a "gletsjer"?