How to kill a Ford Taurus in less than a second

I don't think the Taurus did too bad. It definitely looks bad, but there is no sign of leaking fluids, no passenger compartment intrusion, all the doors seem to still open, and no broken glass. I'm actually surprised that rear window isn't in 47 trillion pieces right now.

Well don't judge a book by it's cover. Both passenger side doors had to be pryed open with a crowbar, neither door would open from the inside. However today I was able to open both of them without any trouble.

Not a single drop of fluid of anykind was leaking out after the crash. So the tank is still holding together. And there was no passenger compartment penetration. What you see in the back seat is the fold down part that was knocked lose from it's latch.

Some of you think we want another Taurus, this isn't the case at all. We never wanted this Taurus in the first place. We only bought it because it was cheap and what we could afford at the time.

Last edited:
Hope your family all recover OK.

Damn! The difference in damage between the Taurus and the Lexus is incredible. I'm astonished that the airbag in the Lexus didn't trigger.

We got an offer from the insurance company today, and it's not enough to get a car that isn't a hunk of shit. I don't know what we are going to do with it. But my mom talked to a lawyer she works with, who's well known as a bulldog, and he's agreed to help us at no charge. So we'll see what happens.

Old Jags, Mercs and Volvos are not cars, they are tanks.

The big Lexo counts too, says a lot about how safe those barges are...

..although the guy driving it isn't.

Hate to tell you this, but the KBB private party value (what it would cost to buy another one from a private seller) for a 97 Taurus GL in the demonstrated condition yours was in is only $2100 at best. It's a Taurus; in terms of resale value, it's worthless.

I'd still sue, because your relatives are going to have medical issues from that.

The Lexus was an 03 GS300. What do you mean Bippu it?
walds2.sized.jpg

P1.jpg

kwa05521050577086.jpg

other_lexuses_celsors_309.jpg

Big chrome rims, tinted windows, and a subtle bodykit on a big luxury car. Also known as "VIP Style", it helps if you want to pass yourself off as the Yakuza. It could be construed as borderline rice, but it's far more subtle and classy in comparison.

Maybe if you could wrangle the old guy's Lexus out of this deal, and end up with one of those...

After this I will NEVER buy any Toyota product. I wish a slow painful death to them all.
Hey, any excuse is a good one.

I'm sure his precious Lexus can be repaired with little problem, if only it was that easy for us. And it isn't normal for 73 year olds to rice out their cars. If by some chance we did end up with his car, I'd go to town on it with a sledge hammer and then set the fucking thing on fire infront of his house.

You have it all backwards, keep the Lexus, set the driver on fire.

Yeah but then you'd have to deal with getting rid of the body, establishing an alibi, making it look like an accident, ect.

Yeah but then you'd have to deal with getting rid of the body, establishing an alibi, making it look like an accident, ect.
You live in St. Louis, I'm sure there are a few respectable local businesses that can deal with that sort of thing. :p

Off-topic: I haven't been to St. Louis in about 9 years (used to live in Carbondale Illinois, right across the river). Is it as bad as some statistics make it out to be?

East St Louis... uh yeah. You will get shot for being the wrong color in some of those neighborhoods and The Poplar Street Bridge is STILL under construction/repair like it always has been. This is why I live 20 minutes away in IL, I don't like the city at all.

Believe it or not, but the father of the woman who my uncle married used to be an enforcer for the mob. I don't know any details (probably for the best) but it's god's honest truth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZ1rkOID3g[/youtube]

:p

Get well soon Punisher Bass family

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I'm surprised that there has yet to be a pot shot taken at me for driving a Buick myself. I think if it was my car that was hit, the end result would have been MUCH different.

Beating you up for driving a Buick is its own thread. :) This one is for giving you stick about a Taurus, among other things.

Old people should be banned from the roads, once on the way back from scotland, the M6 was totally clear apart from one old man sitting in the outside lane doing a whopping 55mph, he was the only one in front of us and he didnt move over, did result in my dad undertaking him and giving him the finger lol And of course my mum crashed into and old man when as we were going arounf the roundabout he decided to stop. Needless to say his civic had better brakes than my mums BORROWED meastro van *shudder* and she nearly got hit by an old man yesturday in her TT lol WHY CANT WE BAN THE OLD GITS OFF OUR ROAD