Best Police Cars

You are all wrong. The best police car is not a car, is a truck. Or maybe it's a tank... :lmao:

Anyway, here it is:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wnPFIdkZg[/YOUTUBE]

It's known as the 'caveir?o'. On a free translation, is something like 'the big skull'. Police here in Rio uses it in extreme situations, mostly when they need to directly face the bad guys into their 'own' territory. It's scary as hell to get close to one of those at night, everybody pulls over the cars and let it pass...

The regular cop cars are crap, though. Mostly VW's Gol (1.6, 1.8 and 2.0)and Chevy S10 and Blazer.
For Highways, they use Fiat Marea (1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 20v). I've heard there are a few 2.0 20v Turbo ones, but I never saw any.
But Brazil is a huge country and here in the State of Rio de Janeiro we probably have the worst police cars; on other states on the other hand, they have more cars, depending on the use they need.

You are all wrong. The best police car is not a car, is a truck. Or maybe it's a tank... :lmao:

Anyway, here it is:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wnPFIdkZg[/YOUTUBE]

It's known as the 'caveir?o'. On a free translation, is something like 'the big skull'. Police here in Rio uses it in extreme situations, mostly when they need to directly face the bad guys into their 'own' territory. It's scary as hell to get close to one of those at night, everybody pulls over the cars and let it pass...

The regular cop cars are crap, though. Mostly VW's Gol (1.6, 1.8 and 2.0)and Chevy S10 and Blazer.
For Highways, they use Fiat Marea (1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 20v). I've heard there are a few 2.0 20v Turbo ones, but I never saw any.
But Brazil is a huge country and here in the State of Rio de Janeiro we probably have the worst police cars; on other states on the other hand, they have more cars, depending on the use they need.

A few American towns and cities use M113 APCs. An Oregon agency uses LAVs.

Our best cars are the focus's me thinks. We also have lotsa Skoda Fabia (the old ones).

75% of the time they are at the garage cause they either crash them or they simply break down.

I just saw this on autoblog. I love government corruption.
img_0001.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/17/how-to-tell-when-your-community-has-too-much-tax-revenue/

Government corruption? Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

The most likely explanation (in the comments section), and an Autoblogger agrees, is that GM lent this car to that city's police for a drive down the famous Woodward Dream Cruise, which is to be held tomorrow just north of Detroit. It's simply publicity/fun for both parties involved.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

The second most likely explanation is that it is repossessed property from a drug dealer.

I stand corrected. I am shocked that the Interweb lied to me.:shock2:

Whatever the reason for it, there are few cars less intimidating to see flashing in your review mirror. If only it were in black.

Charleston_APC.jpg

I see your armored camper van, and raise.

"Citro?n Visa II Super E Police Nationale".

I want one of those. That would be awsome. It's CUUUUUUTE!

Interesting wheels, those look like competition offroad rim protectors. I wonder why they needed those? They are usually to keep the bead on under inflated offroad tires from popping when scraping the rim along a rock.

^ Not very...

Depends. If the Porsche has a flat tire, no engine and has fitted the suspension from a Cadillac Fleetwood, the Crown 'Vic would probably be able to keep up with it on twisty roads.

Edit: On a side note.. air cooled 911 with the suspension from a Fleetwood? Oh my, that would have been an experience..

Depends. If the Porsche has a flat tire, no engine and has fitted the suspension from a Cadillac Fleetwood, the Crown 'Vic would probably be able to keep up with it on twisty roads.

Edit: On a side note.. air cooled 911 with the suspension from a Fleetwood? Oh my, that would have been an experience..

The vehicle you see above is a Mustang SSP.

The Ford Mustang SSP was a lightweight police car package based on the Ford Mustang produced between 1982-1993. The car was meant to provide a speedier option for police departments in lieu of other full sized (and heavy) sedans on the market at the time. The SSP abbreviates the designation Special Service Package, a special Foxbody Mustang trim made exclusively for law enforcement use. One of the taglines used by Ford to help sell this car was This Ford chases Porsches for a living...

Specifications
The Mustang SSP was essentially a more rugged version of the 5.0 Mustang, with added features not available to the general public. Available options included:

Engine, 5.0 L HO V8 with Sequential Multi-Port Injection
Forged pistons, roller cam (Hypereutectic pistons 1993)
Engine oil cooler
Aircraft-type silicone radiator hoses and clamps
5-speed manual or 4-speed AOD transmission
Auto transmission fluid cooler
Brakes, power disc front/drum rear with rotor shields
Stainless steel factory headers
Dual exhaust system w/stainless tips
Fuel tank capacity ? 15.4 U.S. gallons (58 L)
Heavy duty stabilizer bars, front and rear
Full instrumentation with in-dash tachometer
130 and 135 amp internally and externally regulated heavy duty alternators
2 Piece VASCAR speedometer cable
Certified calibrated speedometer 0-140 and 0-160 mph
Non-operational courtesy lights (safety feature)
Relocated rear deck release
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
15" X 7" cast aluminum wheels
Depending on which agency bought them, extras like rollcages (installed by Oregon State Police) and power windows (requested by New York State Police) made each SSP unique to their respective departments. The original configuration of the civilian Mustang with its small rear seat and manual transmission were generally considered ill-suited for a law-enforcement vehicle. Many SSPs had automatic transmissions, to free an officers hand from using the manual transmission stick so that they could use the hand for other duties, such as speaking on a radio or grabbing a sidearm.

All of the 15,000 Mustang SSP's were of the coupe or "notchback" style cars.

When I look more closely, I do realize that. First look, I saw something with a Ford Badge, ruddy huge and "POLICE" written on it.

= Crown 'Vic.

Then again, that one might keep up with a 911 with Fleetwood suspension, no engine but no flat tire.

Politie%20ST-23.jpg

I belive it's an ST but i'm not sure...

And i love this one, think it's a p-shop...
Image1-20060612141135.jpg

how do you like these?

how do you like these?

I think these are two best police cars, plus the italian blue gallardo, which was already posted here.

imagine cops powersliding after you!
polizei911.jpg

If I got pulled over by this, I wouldn't probably mind too much :D
policelp640.jpg

policelp640a.jpg

why all the murcielagos in UK that are shown on TG and 5G have license plate with "YEVIL"??? There have been an orange one that Vicky drove hur mum around, green one in one of the TG episodes and this one..