Horse & Cart named after Jeremy Clarkson

TurnerGTX

IT goes in bus lanes, is fully air conditioned and raises a smile from fellow drivers - but is this cart the one-horse-power answer to Manchester's jams?

Clarkson the English cob has been alerting Manchester drivers to the fact the city is the second-biggest carbon dioxide producer after London.

For the past three days he has been offering commuters a chance to reduce their carbon footprint to a hoof print by riding his cart to work.

His 19th century carriage has been updated by organic yoghurt makers Stony, with solar power, a laptop socket and a stereo system.

I hailed 15-year-old Clarkson - named after Jeremy - at Moston station for a trot to the M.E.N. offices off Deansgate.

Despite an average speed of seven miles an hour, there was nothing but good humour from other commuters.

Owner Nicky Willis said: "We have lived in Brixton, so nothing frightens him. Manchester drivers are more considerate than London drivers, so he is quite enjoying himself up here."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1013/1013616_real_park_and_ride.html

i dont think Jezza would be to happy about that somehow? :)

can you powerslide a horse?

^ Yes, Yes you can*

*Please note: all statements made by this user may be bullsiht.

Ha, you guys know nothing about horses, of course you can (power)slide them..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtDlsUIch8[/youtube]

I bet it poops out more methane than my Golf does CO2 over 100km... Carbon footprint my ass!

Livestock is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than all of the world's transportation combined.

I bet it poops out more methane than my Golf does CO2 over 100km... Carbon footprint my ass!

Livestock is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than all of the world's transportation combined.

But your car and other transportation does not run on grass which it eats from the ground. And that grass (or anything else) would rot and end up in methane form if not eaten by the horse or cow anyway.

I'm all for busting the "We all need to drive Priuses"-thingy, but not with broken arguments.

It's a funny fact, but that's it.

Hey, if the other side is allowed to say "reduce emissions, use biodiesel" - which doesn't make a damn bit of sense because it's still internal combustion - then I can use that one!

Back on topic. If it were to really be like Clarkson, shouldn't the cart be before the horse?

No, that would be if they named one after Richard. He loves 911s.