Tea, iced or not?

Tea, iced or not?

• Total voters
Hot, English Breakfast, white with 2.

coffee325.jpg

Farmers Union Iced Coffee, or its nothing! 8)

Otherwise yeah, hot English Breakfast, but not in years.

What the hell is English Breakfast tea? Is it like our normal tea, i.e. Yorkshire Tea or PG Tips?

i like tea hot. i've had plenty of time to drink it too in my summer holidays. can't tell the difference between types of tea though (but we have Yorkshire tea in the kitchen). i watched a TV show about making yorkshire tea on Discovery yesterday, just so you know...

I love cold ocha, if they sold it here, I would drink it in buckets.

ocha.jpg

Good point there! A good ginger ale is tough to beat (and tough to find for that matter). For some strange reason it's like the only thing I like to drink on airplanes. Soda, coffee, tea...none of them cut it. But that ginger ale never sounds better than when blasting through the sky in a thin metal tube.
If you're ever in Norwaycommielandwhatever, try this one, it's superb:
http://img201.imageshack.**/img201/9696/sdsdscustomyx1.jpg

small addition to above rant:
If you're looking for perfect tea, each variety has its own ideal steeping temperature, whilst boiling the water for a bit is usually ok, the temperature you steep at to extract the best flavor and aroma are different, white tea, oolong tea, and i think most chai varieties for instance, should all be around 180 degrees whilst many black teas should be steeped in just boiled water

Ok what about steeping time? I am sure it differs for each kind as well, but the rule of thumb I have always heard is 2 min for a weak cup, 5-6 min for a strong cup.

What is your favorite brand? Several of you have said you get your tea at the corner store. I have no corner store. Granted a good pitcher of tea can come from those little bags; however, I would like to upgrade my tea experience. Are there any good internet sites y'all would recommend? Or just the brand would work.

Here I have to admit defeat.

Because I like my tea lots of milk & lots of sugar ('baby tea'), it pretty much kills any individual distinctive flavour within any tea.

So I tend to buy cheap own-brand tea bags from supermarkets.

On the other hand, my father refuses to drink tea bags and has an entire cupboard of different blends of loose tea leaves...

Lipton's Ice Tea, or none. I don't like real tea, and the crappy European ice tea is horrible.

DS0018.jpg

Not at all, you get a lot of nice European ice tea. But saying "European ice tea" is a bit like talking about "American culture". There is about fifty billion gazillion types of culture in America, and about as many types of Ice Tea in Europe.

I suggest you try the green ice tea you get from "Meieriene" in Norway, it's supreme.

I like the actor Ice-T, does that count?

I like the actor Ice-T, does that count?
HondaF1 has a crush on Ice-T! <3 <3

But to retain some seriousness, you like Ice-T? What the heck? Don't tell me you like the AMC Pacer too?

I was joking, I cant stand him. He overacts on Law and Order.

6451aok.jpg

coffee-shop.jpg

I prefer coffee most of the time, but I only drink the weak stuff like mochas, lattes and ice coffees of all sorts, but if it's tea I'm after I mainly drink Chai (vanilla and cinnamon) or EBT.