If Top Gear did another Supercar vs. Transport Race, what would you want it to be?

I think that IF Clarkson takes public transportation, somewhere he will stop, rent a car and complete the race with it. Afterwards, when confronted that he should have used the public transportation, he would probably say: "I don't care! I can afford to have a car and fill it's tank, therefore I won't use public transportation!" Or something similar....

Ford Mustang GT vs. I dunno......

See how well the Ford Mustang GT can handle long term endurance.

Or hell, see if the Corvette can endure a road race.

Badass idea, but the GT-R is a little bit too unsuper.

It has a good bit more power than the DB9 and only about 20 less than the 612. Besides it suits the territory and he does like the GT-R's. I vaguely remember Clarkson complaining though about how impossible it is to drive in Japan because of the road signage being alien.

It has a good bit more power than the DB9 and only about 20 less than the 612. Besides it suits the territory and he does like the GT-R's. I vaguely remember Clarkson complaining though about how impossible it is to drive in Japan because of the road signage being alien.

He could go on the Wangan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuto_Expressway

or London to the Nurburgring? Does the Ring have public transport connections?

I second that, it would be a great race, and once at the 'ring they can race again and Hammond and May take Sabine's taxi(still public transport, sort of...) and Jeremy race in whatever he is driving and yes the ring has a train or bus connection, I can't remember which
(I've been there I just don't want to admit that I went there only for the rock am ring and didn't get to see the nordschleife although I walked pretty much all the F1 bit)

Edit - just remeber you can take a bus and then the train, I think maybe they can catch the ICE right out of the Frankfurt airport, we should ask a german guy

Last edited:
I think they've done enough races car vs. public transport. It's not even a race, cause JC cannot exceed speet limits & transport is scheduled. It's much more interesting to watch smth like a 3-car adventure, like American Special or Amphibious cars.

Last edited:
And once at the ring, they could let Sabine drive the bus around the ring with 40 lucky, paying passengers. Then Top Gear could give the money to Bosnian battered wives, and stay environmental.

Two in one, that.

I think they've done enough races car vs. public transport. It's not even a race, cause JC cannot exceed speet limits & transport is scheduled. It's much more interesting to watch smth like a 3-car adventure, like American Special or Amphibious cars.

I disagree so much. A lot of the three car adventures have sucked so badly, for me none of the public transport races have been bad.

From the most northern city in Germany - Flensburg - to the most southern - Mittenwald. JC in Germany's best car (that would be a 911 Turbo :D ) and RH/JM in public transport, with everything allowed except cars. Should be pretty damn close.

I've got it perfec Hybrid Vehicle (Honda Civic) vs. Lamorghini Murcielago from Peru to Argentina. The idea would be that a Hybrid could make it farther if it weren't always at the pumps. The Lambo would only get atleast 4-7mpg so it could get interesting.
HYBRID VS. SUPERCAR= PURE GENIUS
DISTANCE VS. SPEED
TORTOISE VS. RABBIT

I second the Japan race idea. Tokyo to Osaka or something like that. To even it out a bit, Hammond and May shouldn't be allowed to use the bullet train... or an interpreter.

No, Clarkson is regulated to using the backroads and mountain passes, while Richard and Hammond can go on the expressways, but their only mode of transport is:

Nissan_Micra_2005_red_vl.jpg

The Nissan March~!!