My wife's new car: 1988 Suzuki Swift

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²

It's a 1.3GL with a 3-speed auto and 67 raging horses. We're the second owner, first owner was an 81 year-old woman with 1 leg (if it weren't the mother in law of a mechanic at my dad's garage i wouldn't have believed it) who let her daughter drive her around. It's done 93K kms in these 19 years, and apart from a peeling clearcoat on the roof (it's being repainted) it's as good as new. My wife wanted an automatic, because she's not very sure on the road, and not having to shift means there's one less thing to worry about. I might convert it to a manual when she feels a little more certain on the road.

A) Sorry, but :barf: :lol:

B) Convert it to a manual? How in the hell? That's gotta cost more than the car is worth...

Teach her how to drive a manual subconsciously (practice, practice, practice) first in your Carisma. ;)

And congrats about your wedding, i completely missed that. :eek:

I somehow like it! And that's a great Volvo in the back.

convert to manual and see if you can fit it with the GTi engine(once your wife is ready of course) Her car will go from sedate underpowered commuter to quick little screamer.

Last edited:
You bought your wife a Speck! (/obscureAmericanTVAdreference)

For a 1988, it's remarkably clean inside and out. I expected it to be a POS beater, but it actually looks pretty good for a car that's pushing 20 years.

Fuck, now I feel old.

Paint flames on the side, and you have a Japanese mirth mobile.

Holy shit, that Swift is awesome.

I would drive one anyday.

It's a 1.3GL with a 3-speed auto and 67 raging horses. We're the second owner, first owner was an 81 year-old woman with 1 leg (if it weren't the mother in law of a mechanic at my dad's garage i wouldn't have believed it) who let her daughter drive her around. It's done 93K kms in these 19 years, and apart from a peeling clearcoat on the roof (it's being repainted) it's as good as new. My wife wanted an automatic, because she's not very sure on the road, and not having to shift means there's one less thing to worry about. I might convert it to a manual when she feels a little more certain on the road.

Wow, that car looks brand new. There's only 57k miles on that thing...for something almost 20 years old that is pretty good. And it being a Japanese car I'm sure you have another 300,000km to go. :mrgreen:

A get you from point A to Point B car at reasonable cost and with a bit of character. Nice car, probably got at least another 150,000 Kms left in it. Oh and congrats on the wedding.

Congrats! I guess it's pretty cheap to drive. Low roadtax and good fuel economy. Enjoy!

I hope the engine's not dulled by ONLY doing 3k a year. And what is it with you and ultra blue interiors? You guys colour blind? :p

Bloody hell, its as if its 1988 and it just rolled out the showroom with those shiny bumpers and tire black on the wheels! Impressive...

Now lets talk mods :mrgreen: