Aussie FG meetup! (melbourne)

Last edited:
Damn you guys being so far away :(

Iam at Western Australia... when will be held?
i sure wanna come...
My bro has a DC5 and its full wit top gear fans already... hehe

i sure will come....
tell me d date when it is already confirm

you serious? You're driving from WA? It'll be a 3 days drive mate.

Alright, going by the various replies so far, I'm going to make a suggestion for the Melbourne meet.

Sunday the 14th of October for a cruise. I'll suggest 2 routes both of which are pretty sweet drives and we can vote on the best one.

1. The GOR is sweet, there are also some brilliant roads through the otways and the Apollo Bay hotel is an excellent place to stop for lunch. A great meet point is Subaru@Docklands and we can head out from there.

2. Up through Hurstbridge for the Heidelberg-Kinglake road then west and down to healesville through Chum Creek (awesome roads) then up to Black Spur and Reefton Spur. A good meet point would be the LaTrobe Unitversity campus in Bundoora.

My vote is for option 1, lets see some votes and get this shit organised!

I vote for Option 1 as I might be going on a cruise with my gf on a Marysville Cruise around the blackspur area with a Prelude Australia club, plus I don't mean to be rude or anything but a handful of us are not driving performance oriented cars so BlackSpur might be a little harsh on the cars.

you serious? You're driving from WA? It'll be a 3 days drive mate.

I vote for Option 1 as I might be going on a cruise with my gf on a Marysville Cruise around the blackspur area with a Prelude Australia club, plus I don't mean to be rude or anything but a handful of us are not driving performance oriented cars so BlackSpur might be a little harsh on the cars.

Black Spur is a major highway also known as the Maroondah highway. It's a major road and the people who want to drive harder can do that and the people who want to cruise can do that too, the day is more about good roads broken up by excellent social settings.

Black Spur is a major highway also known as the Maroondah highway. It's a major road and the people who want to drive harder can do that and the people who want to cruise can do that too, the day is more about good roads broken up by excellent social settings.

Hidden_Hunter knows maroondah highway all too well :( I live about 3km from chirnside park (which m highway runs straight through)

^Hidden_ghunter, there is another thread which you can vote in... you can make your suggestions in the routes thread :D

This is most interesting. I'm in Brisbane but I'll be going to Ballarat for 3 months with work at the end of September. I don't know if I'll have my car though. I might try to bring it down, I'd like to try out Calder Park while I'm down that way. And Phillip Island too, but I don't know about the chances of that happening.

Aston

date is 14th of Oct.

Odd that there'd end up being so many folks from the city of churches here :) I've got a mate with a nice BMW CSL down in Melb. I'll see if I can talk him into it so I can come down and join in the fun.

id be keen, but im in NSW... perhaps something like the F1 in melbourne or something might be a good event to catch up?

So where and when is this? Im in Melbourne and up for it

haha... iam from WA and i will drive there.... unless u guys hav one in WA will b more easy for me....

ill go 2 melbourne few weeks b4 d day... so i can hav some fun while there.... haha

^woohoo... a Proton driver in Australia (I'm Malaysian btw), first time I've met one... better get that car fully checked out before driving 3000km in that car :p

I'm keen

I'm keen

I'm up for the cruise. Just let me know where and when!

FinalGear Australia Meet

VIC/TAS
name/driver or passenger/number of seats availalble in car/pickup locations for passengers/where/date
andyhui/driver/3-4 seats/inner melb/willing to travel pretty much as far as 12 Apostles/Up till end Nov or 24th Nov if we're doing weekends
Hidden_Hunter/driver/3 seats/eastern (croydon/ringwood/lilydale etc)/willing to travel as far as a day trip from melbourne/Up till end Nov or 24th Nov if we're doing weekends
Cosmo/driver/1 seat/inner melb/whenever

NSW/QLD
name/driver or passenger/number of seats availalble in car/pickup locations for passengers/where/date

SA/WA/NT
Unknownspeedster/driver/1 comfortable as well as 2 tight/Paralowie(northern side of town) but ill pick up anyone on the way/when ever weekend prefered (wont confirm my attendance till the date is)