What's your REALISTIC dream car? (under ~$40k US)

I'd definetly Have to go with a 1970 El Camino SS 454 4speed. Those are pretty rare though, so maybe I could settle with the SS 396. :D:p

As for modern cars. I'd go with a Jeep Rubicon or sothing like that...

aww :) yeah i wish there were more car crazed girls around here. i have a handful of girls who are really into it. and my dad encourages it way too much.

Haha hook a brother up :p:lol:

Cars do seem relatively cheap in the U.S. Lack of taxes?? or maybe just cheaper due to the size of the market.

It'd have to be either a Nissan 350z, Saab 9-3, or a Lexus IS250. With the spare change, maybe even a stripped Civic with IRS for track days :)

I have no real dream cars for under that price, speaking for those of us with jobs which enable us to afford a bit more, my current realistic dream car is either:

Audi RS4
audi-rs4-blue-thumb.jpg

Porsche Carrera S (current gen)
997-Carrera-S,-Rr.jpg

hey what was that importation website that someone posted in the other thread that had all the rally cars and cosworths and shit? I can't find the other thread.

I have no real dream cars for under that price, speaking for those of us with jobs which enable us to afford a bit more, my current realistic dream car is either:

Well, the "dream" bit doesn't have to be price related. There are some pretty rare cars for that money, or cars that the wife/ family doesn't agree with, or cars that you've always liked since you were a little kid but never got around owning them.

hey what was that importation website that someone posted in the other thread that had all the rally cars and cosworths and shit? I can't find the other thread.

Unreal Imports has a bunch of Cossies and some rally cars in their european cars section not to mention some pretty impressive Japanese steel

Well, the "dream" bit doesn't have to be price related. There are some pretty rare cars for that money, or cars that the wife/ family doesn't agree with, or cars that you've always liked since you were a little kid but never got around owning them.

im not disagreeing with you, but when most ppl state 'dream car' with a price point, they're usually implying cars that are attainable now if you had the money. once a car becomes so rare that its nearly unattainable, the original price (say under $40K) is usually a moot point, and if its a good car, the rarity makes it a lot more valuable than that, hence, going back to the point of price.

again, i'm just saying that's the context how MOST ppl use 'dream car for $XX'

true, i disagree with setting a price point for an attainable dream car, because for some people even $40K isn't attainable, and to others $80K is peanuts. To me attainable means something you might be able to afford in the not-so-distant future.

dream attainable car? well theres a few...used obviously

Audi S6 (6 cyl ones)
BMW E39 M5 or 540i
Nissan 350Z
Volvo C30 (5 cyl turbo)
Volvo C70 (new shape, 5 cyl turbo)
Porsche Carrera 2 (bottom of the ranger, but the most charming)
Vauxhall Monaro (5.7liter version)
Golf R32 (Mkv)
Focus RS

yup i want lots of cars!

I think you mean 5-cyl ones? S6 has been made with I5, V8 and V10 engine configurations, no V6 ones.

oh, ok, i dont really know much about such cars, but i did see a 99 S6 in black for ?9,999. it was in pristine condition too. lucky bugger who ever bought it.

they didnt make any I6's?

just been looking at the prices for a 350z and WOW!

my mate just spend 10k on a used, but fairly new Hyundai coupe. for a little more he could of had a 2002-2003 350z!

lol just found one where they took an interior shot, and what should be parked infront? white 911 GT3 RS!

Saab 9-5 2.3t Aero
51d007874eaf1b79855913518e46fbe0.jpg

Sue me.

http://img59.imageshack.**/img59/2203/main003tp7.jpg