Melbourne Meetup Cruise Poll - Vote on a route here

Melbourne Meetup Cruise Poll - Vote on a route here

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, bring other mates for sure!

That said though, I personally think it should still be a majority FG meet eg maybe 1 or 2 friends but someone tagging along 5 cars of mates would kinda take the FG element out of it. That's just me

Hidden_Hunter will be riding solo (at this stage anyway)

^I'm riding solo as well... my gf would be ridiculously bored if she went :lol:... and beetle, if you need a lift for the cruise, you can post here... you can get the feel of the new civic as well if you haven't bought one :D

That said though, I personally think it should still be a majority FG meet eg maybe 1 or 2 friends but someone tagging along 5 cars of mates would kinda take the FG element out of it. That's just me

Hidden_Hunter will be riding solo (at this stage anyway)

That's what I was thinking, and Andy's right, GF would be bored out of her mind so I'll bring a fellow cruiser (if I can indeed make it)

Speaking of cruisers, for the melbourites is there anyone here on the www.beastclub.com.au forums?

Both the routes seem too long really....

A cruise of around 100-150km would easily fill up the day with a few stops for everyone to regroup.

Other than that, I'd prefer the hills than the coast.

The route goes up through the very twisty road from Hurstbridge to Kinglake (the roads where Brocky learned his craft) stop in Kinglake for a morning coffee.
I took a drive on that road on Saturday (I'm a learner and was trying to get my hours up) and it was very enjoyable (and that was in a Camry), I'd recommend that route just based on that one experience. I can't make the meetup myself, though if there is one in a year or so time once I'm on my Ps and in my own car, I'd be in.

Both the routes seem too long really....

A cruise of around 100-150km would easily fill up the day with a few stops for everyone to regroup.

Other than that, I'd prefer the hills than the coast.

Regarding this... if we leave at 1030... do we have sufficient time to complete the journey? Has anyone done this route (flyingfridge, have you done it with the wrx club)? Perhaps we can meet earlier if people wanna be back in melb by about 6.

The route is fine, I've left at 11 and been back by 3.30 and that was pretty relaxed going. I'll probably be doing it again myself with a couple of mates next weekend to get the timings right.

I would like to confirm that I can go, but can't until about a week before the trip. I get my roster every week so a bit hard to schedule things in advanced.
I prefer option 2, not so far away.

Just went on a cruise with the Prelude Club to Marysville via Warburton and back via Healsville... all I have to say is boy was that drive from Warburton to Marysville fun, much better than the black spur IMO... it is full of 35kph bends which we took at about 50-60kph :D

I would like to confirm that I can go, but can't until about a week before the trip. I get my roster every week so a bit hard to schedule things in advanced.
I prefer option 2, not so far away.

what are you driving harlequin?