2009 Dodge Journey: Minivan For The Worldwide Masses

Well, someone somewhere who is working on the Challenger knows a bit about interiors

http://img519.imageshack.**/img519/4943/interiorec3.jpg

just look at those bucket seats!

^ Uhh...not really. I think the Challenger interior looks awful. Some parts of the 70s should best be left alone.

But...it's ok in my book, probably because of that pistol-grip shifter. :D

Back to the car this thread was made for...

I agree that it is better than most Chrysler products on the road today....but it strongly reminds me of my mom's 1995 Honda Odyssey....

Well, someone somewhere who is working on the Challenger knows a bit about interiors

http://img519.imageshack.**/img519/4943/interiorec3.jpg

just look at those bucket seats!

The seats look good, but that doesn't mean they actually will fit well. They look more like wingback chairs than proper ergonomically designed seats. Hint: seats should not have triangular wings that will will jam you in the kidneys and cause you to piss blood every time you try to get in the car. In fact, there should never be a triangle anywhere on a seat.

As for that instrument cluster, it's entirely unoriginal - and don't talk about it being "retro." "Retro" in this case means "resurrecting one of the laziest periods of car interior design."

"Hey, what if we make all the gauges the same size and mount them in a straight line like we just drilled some holes in a two by four?"
"Good idea, Bill, go to production with it!"

This is cheap, slab-sided design with no subtlety or grace. There is almost no attention paid to the proportions of the human body, you would have to be a gorilla to reach those lower switches and dials on the center console.

well, if i can pretend for a moment that European and Japanese cars don't exist, i'd say the interior of the caravan isn't too bad. i dont like the look i think we should depart from the angular style thing thats goin on and other than that, OMGZ Americars is teh sux!

EDIT, scratch that the exterior doesn't look all that bad

Pacifica > Journey

seriously. the pacifica is already better in every way. why not just brand-manage it into a dodge? here's a rundown of what i mean;

Interior looks and is made of better stuff in the pacifica.
AWD Pacificas get a 4.0L engine with the six-speed.
the exterior on the Pacifica is more elegant and well-proportioned.
one option: HID Projectors.

Keep in mind this thing was NOT designed under the Cerberus tenure. it was hacked together by overworked engineers that were being forced to cut every corner under the german occupation. You can TELL Daimler was planning on bailing out, just look at the decline in interior material quality from roughly 02-present. the 04-05 Jeep Gr. Cherokee model changeover went from pretty nice to a better design with materials so cheap that even Tupperware wouldn't use them. Same with the caravan, the Stratus/Sebring, the Neon to the Caliber, and they even shorted the 300C/Charger on interior materials so they wouldn't kill M-B on cannibalizing C/E-class sales. I mean, imagine a Hemi-powered 300C with rich, soft-touch materials on the inside. It would utterly KILL the sales of cars costing 5-10k more from rival brands INCLUDING benz. I admire Cerberus for pushing forward on a slew of new projects, but they need to really put a few models through the ringer for a refresh in the next year or so. I want something at LEAST passable for a VW or at least a Buick or Mercury interior within 2 years.

BTW, other than the interior material quibbles, I have no idea wth you guys are hating on the Nitro. that is a downright manly compact SUV and I'd take it over a boring and innocuous CR-V anyday.

ewwwwwww. It has that same dry pastey dodge look like before. They better not cheapen the challenger.

ewwwwwww. It has that same dry pastey dodge look like before. They better not cheapen the challenger.

If they skimp on the Challenger, I'll change my name from Mopar Man, to GM Man, sell my Ram 3500, and get a Sierra. THAT is how pissed off I'll be.

If they skimp on the Challenger, I'll change my name from Mopar Man, to GM Man, sell my Ram 3500, and get a Sierra. THAT is how pissed off I'll be.

Bit of a flaw in your plan; you're assuming someone wants one of those hideous monstrosities.. Which I doubt is true.

Bit of a flaw in your plan; you're assuming someone wants one of those hideous monstrosities.. Which I doubt is true.

So your telling me the Dodge Challenger is a monstrosity?

What's wrong with it? And besides, its not THAT big :rolleyes:

It's American. If it were Japanese or European, then it would be fine. Really, look who you're asking.

It's ok. (Vette Boss thinks that he is European)

It's ok. (Vette Boss thinks that he is European)

No, it isn't. I think America as a society is rather stupid, and mostly are a bunch of dicks. This is why I choose to separate myself from it. My parents are both English, and I've been raised accordingly. I have no real sense of American pride to be blinded by, I see America for what it truly is. This country means nothing to me, it hasn't improved my life by any measurable means.

Be warned, don't open a can without a label..