Project: 1987 Ford Mustang

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
Silverstar wanted to see pictures of this car and instead of clogging up his thread here it is:

87_1.jpg

87_2.jpg

87_3.jpg

87_4.jpg

It is what is left of a 1987 Mustang GT. The guy I got it off of had used it as a parts car. He took the GT ground effects to put on his LX. It has no motor or transmission. I had tried to buy it from him several times, but he said someone else had already laid claim to it. He called me last week and said that he was moving and it needed to be out of his yard and to come and get it, so I did.

The plan is to build it as a drag racing bracket car, hopefully running in the mid 12s for now. I've already come up with a 306 and most of the body parts to put it back together. I'll be dropping the fuel injection in favor of a carburetor mainly because the wiring harness is hacked up in the car.

The car isn't pretty and will never be, but once I get the body together I'll at least hit it with some "hot rod black"...

That body/frame does look pretty clean! It'll be nice to see how a carb'd 306 (bored 302 yeah?) runs, my cousin contemplated it with his '89 GT. Is the interior completely gutted also? Couldn't see the dash from here.

Good luck on it, can't wait to see more updates :D

Cool. Have fun with it and keep us posted.

"Hot rod black" is my favorite color, you have excellent taste :lol:. What else do you have in mind for the drivetrain? Manual trans?

Not really, went out the other day and finished stripping the interior. I need to get my shop cleaned out so I can get it and the SVO in the shop at the same time.

Edit: I did run the VIN and found out it was an '88, but it doesn't matter, it's going to have an '85-'86 front end (freebie)...

if it were me, i would grab a Big Block from a Junk yard and throw it in there...Big POWER!!!

=I'll be dropping the fuel injection in favor of a carburetor mainly because the wiring harness is hacked up in the car.

If you do thats fine, but i would at least consider learning about Megasquirt

Always nice to see a parts car saved from the wreckers!

if it were me, i would grab a Big Block from a Junk yard and throw it in there...Big POWER!!!

I would entertain that, except since I already bought a 306 I'll go with it for now.

If you do thats fine, but i would at least consider learning about Megasquirt

I've looked into it for my SVO, but for a bracket car a good old Holley carb will be fine.