My (old) 84' Trueno

dj.TAKA

Car(s)
AE86 Trueno GT-APEX Coupe
I agree with JC, old cars are better/faster :p

AE86-10.jpg

AE86-12.jpg

And my old car. (Which in that old/vs new episode would have Beaten that new MRS)

DSC00828.jpg

OMGZ DRIFTING, YO!!!111ONE :lol:

That car is awesome! :thumbsup:

I like both....either would make me happy.
Congrats!

JDM funky fresh. How much of teh powah is there?

If you in all reality dont know what Initial D is i highly recommend you find a torrent or FTP site and download some, the early episodes had crap graphics but good story. Its worth watching if your a young gear head.

Anyways how do you like the ae86 compared to the mki mr2 (aw11). I personally like the aw11, but i think their both great cars, especially considering how unexciting Toyota is today :(

I personally think the ae86 has a bit better tune from the factory as far as chassi is concerned, the aw11 depends too much on its front swaybar and you get inconsistencies between mild understeer anD huge oversteer, its really pretty tricky! With that said its still a much stronger chassi,, with better tactile commenication, which if tuned correctly can be on a whole different level from most. But the ae86 goes have 4 seats, is much easier to work on, and arguably has a better exhaust note from the factory (different exhaust manifold.) If it wasn't for the huge price hike in ae86s, and the "fanboy" image that goes with the car nowadays i would probably have one of each :p

Oh-And your ae86 looks great, all the ones around here are rusty POS with 240k

Last edited:
Anyways how do you like the ae86 compared to the mki mr2 (aw11). I personally like the aw11, but i think their both great cars, especially considering how unexciting Toyota is today :(

QFT, dam you toyota. My AW11 has a upgraded supercharger kit / exhaust so it was really dam fast. The AE86 was a load more practicable / got attention thou. Also had a SW20 which was pretty dam comfy, but the AW11 way more fun, due mostly to size/power.

Got to love a car with popuptastic head lights.

Popup head lights are the greatest thing ever.

On a unrelated note the AE86 is already sold (pending).
Suggestions on what to buy next? 8)

I guess the next logical step would be a TT Supra.