Colin McRae's helicopter crashes [UPDATE: Colin killed, RIP]

Dang, this sucks. A true legend.

May God rest his soul.....

It's a Sad day. One of the best drivers ever is no longer with us. Rest in peace!

This is truly a loss for all of us...

Rest in peace, Colin...

:cry:

OMG! :shock:

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Any loss of human life by unnatural means is tragic of course, but when your hero dies like this... :sad:

I'm in tears writing this ..

Colin was my first hero, he was more than just a man to me, I've worshipped him for many years. I remember him in the BRC winning it twice, before becoming WRC champion in 1995. I was nine years old when he became WRC champion. It takes a special sort of person to leave an impact on you when your that young.

I can't believe he's gone but I'll never forget him ...

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.

Good Lord, what a thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning!

RIP dude.....I can kinda think of somthing funny to say but I don't think it would be in good taste....Australians understand gallows humour but I don't think the rest of you will get it...

Yep :(

Damn, why'd he have to die this way :no: To survive one ordeal and be taken by presumably an accident is just tragic. More so for his wife and daughter than himself or his fans.

Also sad for the other two in the heli...

RIP champ, we love ya!

NNOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't believe it so checked rally-live.com and the worst is true.

I can't believe it.....its not fair. I was sad because Gronholm was retiring but then I thought to myself that is silly, he is just retiring. Now I have a real reason to be sad. To think he survived Corsica 2000 yet gets taken like this.

R.I.P to the fastest rally driver of the modern age, you will never be forgotten Colin

Last edited:
This is such a tragedy. He joins a few greats with Richard Burns and Michael Park, both of whom died recently as well. :cry:

Colin McRae was always a personal favorite of mine. A great light has gone out and his charisma will be missed greatly.

Racers live by the motto "live fast and die hard", but it is always painful when one's life is cut short. My family's condolences to his wife and daughter, as horrible as I feel I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

Last edited:
RIP Colin McRae. May you always be rembered as one of the greats of the WRC. Forever sideways :cry:

:cry: NOOOOO, you will be missed Colin. I just can't believe this...