James is buying an Aston within a year

Is a Bentley uncool? NO! Don't even try to think they are.

James May is so truly not bothered to be cool, he is in fact cooler than every single person YOU have ever met. And every single person I've met, I suppose.

They pretty much all agreed that the 911 and M6 were much better cars for the money. May even said the Vantage was a disappointment.

disappointment and bad are two completely different things, he still said he'd rather have it then the M6, and the M6 is a great car.

Is a Bentley uncool? NO! Don't even try to think they are.

James May is so truly not bothered to be cool, he is in fact cooler than every single person YOU have ever met. And every single person I've met, I suppose.

:lol:

living daylights anyone? :D

I've had a few optional extras installed

For the love of god, why do you know this?

Intercontinental stalker? 8)

um, Clarkson himself has referred on more than one occasion on TG to his 'wife's V8 vantage' this fact is common knowledge, how how stiggie knew it was white, i don't know.

Last edited:
In James May's 20th Century, he mentions the old Vantage is his favourite, during the brain test thing.

So thats going to be uncool now too. Well i guess that leaves Alfa's

Actually, a guy who probably thinks 'cool' is only about a setting on a fridge, and has no care for the cool wall buying an Aston is cool. The old Vantage is a very 'May' car too.

um, Clarkson himself has referred on more than one occasion on TG to his 'wife's V8 vantage' this fact is common knowledge, how how stiggie knew it was white, i don't know.

Something Clarkson wrote. For the life of me I can't remember where. He was talking about the unreliability of the DB9's gearbox. He reckons you're better off with the Vantage because its almost as good as the DB9, but they've never had a mechanical problem with it.

Something Clarkson wrote. For the life of me I can't remember where. He was talking about the unreliability of the DB9's gearbox. He reckons you're better off with the Vantage because its almost as good as the DB9, but they've never had a mechanical problem with it.

I thought that was reference to the DB9 and the Vanquish? Saying that the DB9 was better than the Vanquish because it didn't have the "flappy paddle" gearbox.

I believe that Clarkson mentioned his wifes V8 Vantage was white in one of his times reviews. He's also said on numerous occasions its been reliable. Wasn't it a present for his wife who drove it when he had one on test and she said it was one of 3 cars on the market that where fast?

As for May getting an Aston I remember that he was impressed with the new V8 Roadster but we all know his love for the old one so i'll be suprised

Actually, a guy who probably thinks 'cool' is only about a setting on a fridge, and has no care for the cool wall buying an Aston is cool. The old Vantage is a very 'May' car too.

:D Are you attempting to suggest that james may isnt cool?

Long floppy hair, self-styled intellectual, no sence of direction whatsoever....

Not talking about may, talking about me, and if you say may isnt cool, then i'm not cool :|

If you listen to it in context then it is 100% clear he is getting an old Vantage, not the new one.

I thought that was reference to the DB9 and the Vanquish? Saying that the DB9 was better than the Vanquish because it didn't have the "flappy paddle" gearbox.
The DB9 has a flappy paddle gearbox, it's just that the Vanquish has a FPG which essentially is a manual gearbox with an automated clutch, which is really rubbish, while the DB9 just has a good automatic which has been linked to paddles on the steering wheel.

New Vantage is too "cool" and modern for May's image, but the old one would be just perfect. :)
It's like that scene in "Gone in 60 seconds" where Nick Cage pretends to be that rich prat who rejects the Ferrari 360, and wants a 250GTB, was it? Well, you get the point.

No, no. Though I see why your confused. He's often said he enjoys driving the DB9 better than the Vanquish because the DB9's paddleshift automatic gearbox is much better than the Vanquish's paddleshift manual gearbox. The article where he says the Vantage is more reliable is referring to the DB9's system breaking a little too often.

if he says that he likes the 430, and even Top Gear has said that it is an amazing car, why doesnt he buy that

its the ultimate expression of speed, handling, beauty, luxury and technology

if he says that he likes the 430, and even Top Gear has said that it is an amazing car, why doesnt he buy that

The F430 probably costs double what an old Vantage costs.

Yeah... and beauty? What's that all about? It's not pretty. No way.

The F430 probably costs double what an old Vantage costs.
That depends...

When you're dealing with classic cars, and especially rare ones like Aston Martins there are so many different specs and exclusive chassis numbers, some has racing heritage or some other story behind them. A pristine condition classic V8 Vantage in a rare spec can easily reach over ?100000 (example...)

*yawn* kid, when you grow up you'll understand May's taste in cars a little better. either that or try watching the show a little more before you start assuming your tastes reflect that of May's.