Spy Case 2 - McLaren vs Renault

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Second spy case on the way?
18 September 2007

After the espionage case around the McLaren and Ferrari Formula 1 team there could soon be another case, but this team against the Renault Formula 1 team. McLaren may file a complaint against Renault about alleged use of technical information.

The FIA has said it would act if it received enough information from the McLaren Formula 1 team. FIA President Max Mosley told the BBC: "It's allegedly an employee who took some floppy disks with him. We haven't had the complaint or the detail we have been promised from McLaren about that, but when we get it, we will investigate. We've had a dossier from Renault which doesn't look particularly damning, but then again, you wouldn't expect it to."

Mosley confirmed he already talked with McLaren team boss Ron Dennis about the issue. Mosley said: "I said to him, 'When you have got your dossier together Ron, let's have it'. He, with Renault's agreement, sent experts into Renault to look at their computer system recently. So obviously when he has got that report, if there's something significant in it, I have no doubt he will let us have it."

Source

As this may turn into a big thing, I thought it deserved it's own thread.

This is the last thing F1 needs after the McLaren/Ferrari spy case.

This is McLaren stopping Alonso racing next season!

This is McLaren stopping Alonso racing next season!
Interesting, good point

but god not this again, when will people learn to play fair?

Maybe Alonso has been sending emails to Flavio as well?

so he took X times 1.4mb info, probably 10 or 15 discs, LOL.

I agree, whats with the floppy disk stuff? Sounds like Max Mosley is showing his age, or some stupid employee thought floppy disks are untraceable.

Also why is Mclaren fighting this? Renault sucks to the max, what could they possibly gain from this case?

Also why is Mclaren fighting this? Renault sucks to the max, what could they possibly gain from this case?

As I said before, its to stop Alonso from driving at Renault next year.

They want him to race at Toyota... :p

Floppy Disks? Thats not very cutting Edge :p

Once again - this is just going to cause political tension in F1. I remember a time when it was about the racing.......

"Floppy Discs" how leading edge.

Exactly what I thought. How much info could Dennis be talking about? A few .txt documents?
icon10.gif

Nice timing on this one, McL. Couldn't even wait a week after your own ass was handed to you on the same allegations? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Hehe, I'd love to see Alonso struggle in the non competitive Renault. Let's see how good his setup skills really are!

He brings 6 tenths remember!!

I find it quite hypocritcal that those who were arguing 'cheating is cheating' and saying 'mclaren deserve what they get' in the McLaren espionage thread are now the ones saying that a few discs worth of data isn't really worth much! Quite rightly, Dennis is now calling Moselys bluff. He said that cheating is unacceptable and needs to be cut out of the sport before it sets in (already far to late since it's been going on for hmmmmm let me see...well maybe since F1 began!) so it's going to be interesting to see what the apparently unbiased FIA think of this. It's not like they're going to be able to sweep it under the carpet and if it comes to anything, they're going to have to hit Renault with some stupid fine too. Then no doubt Renault will find some evidence that Torro Rosso or someone have been stealing info off them and hey presto.....F1 goes kaboom! LOL I really can't wait to see what happens and I really hope it results in Ecclestone and Mosely getting chucked out where they belong so we can actually get on with F1 rather than it being spoilt by Mosely and his bunch of egotistical cronies!

And "a few discs" is ALOT of text.. :p

Oh, sheesh, not again...

How about we swap Alonso and Button? That is something I'd like to see.