2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

I was thinking of Webber, but the car would always break down.

^ I wonder if he was in a Ferrari, McLaren or BMW if he would have break downs...

Probably

Webber would actually be a good pairing with Kimi. Both awesomely fast, put Wurz in the test seat and hope to god the designers built a strong car!!!

Alonso's manager confirms: Not leaving McLaren
15 September 2007

Fernando Alonso will not try and leave the McLaren Formula 1 team after the espionage drama. The Spaniard's manager, Luis Garcia, confirmed they are not negotiating with any other team at the moment and plan to stay at McLaren.

"We have an agreement. We are not negotiating with anybody and our plan is to continue here," Garcia told BBC. When asked if Alonso would honour his three-year contract with McLaren Garcia confirmed: "He has to do."

Source

Well that sucks, I wonder what he meant by "He has to do." Is there a clause in the contract??

Wurz' future in F1 uncertain
17 September 2007

Williams F1 driver Alexander Wurz is not sure if he will stay in Formula 1 for another season. The Austrian could extend his contract at Williams, join the all new Prodrive F1 team or quit Formula 1. According to Wurz an announcement shouldn't be expected too early.

Alexander Wurz has been active in Formula 1 for over ten years already, but his career could come to an end at the end of the 2007 F1 season. His current team Williams has yet to announce its second driver while team-mate Nico Rosberg has an ongoing contract with the team his seat will be safe.

Wurz doesn't expect his racing future to be cleared up at the Japanese Grand Prix in two weeks time. "Perhaps around the Chinese or Brazilian Grand Prix things will clear up," Wurz told Austrian news agent APA. But the Austrian refused to speculate about his future. He did admitted though his F1 career could come to an end at the end of the season.

Source

He might get a Prodrive gig if De La Rosa is on the outer after his involvement in the McLaren/Ferrari spy case.

Paffet and Liuzzi for Prodrive maybe?

Wurz's problem was his qualifying, he had pretty good races but he never seemed to put all the right pieces together in qualifying. But it was be cool for him to go to Prodrive, we shall see...

Oh, Is that who they were talking about!! I missed out on hearing who it was.

Wow, Liuzzi in a Williams, with Sir Frank and Patrick guiding him. We could see the real Tonio Liuzzi appear.

^ Remember the hopes and dreams of the Webber/Williams combination, we all no how that turned out. :(

The connection is there.....he raced for Williams in 05 no??

But Williams had the BMW break up, whereas now they have Toyota's and know how to use them better than Toyota do.

^ I wonder if he was in a Ferrari, McLaren or BMW if he would have break downs...

aaah Webb dog... What is it that he does that makes his car break down? People say he's just unlucky, but if you see someone constantly losing money in poker you don't call it bad luck. There's got to be more to it.

Maybe ol' Webster is being a know it all aussie bloke and gives the his car a bit of a private tuning before the race, or maybe Bernie decided F1 was getting boring, and needed some entertainment during Schum's dominating era. So he picked Webber to take all the "bad luck". Maybe the Webbinator realised early on that he wasn't a good enough driver to stay in F1, so he needed a series of retirements to make his level of skill difficult to determine.

But then again maybe he is a mirror-smashing enthusiast or addicted to walking past black cats. There is one thing I know for sure, if I saw the Webb-Slinger at bet $100 on Black at a roulette table. I'd put my life savings on red.

Webber does show flashes of brilliance though. That pass he did on Kovi for example. Trouble is, we don't have anyone around in lower formulae to step into F1 when he leaves for a while.

I rate Webber very very highly, in pure speed I reckon he is in the top 5 drivers in F1, maybe top 3. Maybe he is slightly harder on equipment than most, but give him the right car and he would competitive.

Its actually surprising how many Aussies are dotted around the globe in lower formulas such as Formula Renault, British F3000 etc. so its possible there could be another Webber in the wings, they are unlikely to have the money of their European counterparts though. I would have liked to have seen Briscoe in F1, but it is probably too late for that now.....Courtney may have done well, but probably only a mid fielder.

But Williams had the BMW break up, whereas now they have Toyota's and know how to use them better than Toyota do.

That's true, the Cosworth engine was a piece of shit.

aaah Webb dog... What is it that he does that makes his car break down? People say he's just unlucky, but if you see someone constantly losing money in poker you don't call it bad luck. There's got to be more to it.

I rate Webber very very highly, in pure speed I reckon he is in the top 5 drivers in F1, maybe top 3. Maybe he is slightly harder on equipment than most, but give him the right car and he would competitive.

The car should be built to withstand the pressure the driver puts on it. Webber does push the car, unfortunately he hasn't really been given a car that can handle it...yet.

The Cosworth motor was what?? You mean one of the highest revving most powerful and cheapest motors in the field?? From memory the motor wasn't the problem in the 06 Williams.

The Cosworth motor was what?? You mean one of the highest revving most powerful and cheapest motors in the field?? From memory the motor wasn't the problem in the 06 Williams.

But it did have its problems.