[12x03] September 17th, 2007

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You know how it works.

Oh Goody. Another Celebrity in a car with Plato. Wow, Platos a better driver :rolleyes:
Oh Marvellous. Another squeek and understeer fest of Henderson shoot-out. With her amazing driving skills I'll really enjoy that :rolleyes: (Shame as the cars are quite interesting. I dont think they mentioned the fact one had 4 doors though)
Cool. A selection of 3 cars "reviewed" by looking at them. How in depth. Thats sure to catch on. :rolleyes:

However, it wasnt all bad. I liked the Mini comparisson. Maybe it felt a little forced at times. But certainly no worse than TG has become recently. And they did make too much of the fact Tom was ill. (No Shit sherlock, you blindfold someone then chuck them around and they feel queezy)

SuperLeggra vs 1098. That was good. glad Tiff got beaten after a "cheeky" start. Shame the actual car is not as good as it should be. And aside from a quick run down on the bike spec they could of done a bit better. But it was good to watch and unlike EVERY time Clarkson tests Car v Bike you get the impression this was a more fair test. (TG Aerial Atom vs 600. I mean come on ?30K vs ?7K is hardly a fair test and just makes him look bitter. Fine if the Atom would of destroyed a Blade at least be reasonable)

Oh and Hearses. Not terrible, and the Busa one was funny. But again why not at least drive them?

I don't think bike VS lambo was all fair, I think if it was a standing start Lambo had a better chance of getting ahead. Also a bike can overtake a car on the straights because its faster but car cannot in the corners even if it was 1.5 times faster, there just isn't any gap so to make it fair why not time each and see what Lambo can do with a full track.

"I dont think they mentioned the fact one had 4 doors though" Yeh stupid Vicky, she also didn't say that both come with 4 wheels.

Plato sucked because of dumb celebs.

The rest wasn't too boring but nothing special either.

Episode Review:I don't really have too many complaints. Always wish they would be a little bit more in-depth with their reviews, but whatever.

Its worth watching if you have the time. Err all except tom getting sick, that sucked, brings back memories of bad experience in a Foxbody Mustang at a Track-day

i didn't really care about the celebrity, it didn't ruin it for me though!, as i was more then happy to listen to the R36s wonky exhaust noise :). I really do wish they would have played some of the driving tips that Jason must have gave to cricketman, because i just didn't feel any more enlightened after watching that session.

Discussion: I have to imagine the Jeremy Clarkson would absolutely loathe the Japanese-Spec Civic Type-R. He made comments that the UK versions suspension was completely unacceptable in regards to ride quality as is so the J-spec has to be one of the worst road cars imaginable. In my own view any car, racecar or otherwise, really should have some level of comfort, ive read many times that being driven around in Top level Supercars (The Ferrari FXX is one example) by proffesional drivers can actually be "comfortable." So in that regard its sad to hear Honda itself made a car with the Japanese tuning taboo of over-stiffening the shock valving, i thought they were better then that.

Sad to hear the Superleggera kinda isn't worth the money, but i never really liked that much exposed carbon anyways

Last edited:
This ep went downhill a little bit compared to the first 2 eps, but it's still alright.

I don't care for the celeb bit. The JDM vs UKDM Type R was good. They must've lightened the sedan a lot for it to beat the hatch by that much. 3 seconds ahead with just 20 more hp. But that's kinda expected, JDM almost always gets the best stuff. As for stiff suspension, when you're getting a Type R, comfort shouldn't be one of the priorities, the original Integra Type R that were sold in the US has no A/C, and some other stuff removed (I think it's the stereo and some sound deadening material), that's what a Type R should be. From Vicki's review, the UKDM Type R should only be called an Si, not a Type R.

Mini Cooper test was alright, I don't agree with some of their tests, they should drive each other's car in order to come to that conclusion, but I do think the gas version is better. Still though, even the gas version is so slow, 9.1 sec 0-60, that's pretty bad.

Ducatti vs Lambo was enjoyable, I didn't really expect the bike to be that fast, they should've shown more onboard views of the bike though.

Last edited:
Boring episode. As always, very informative, relatively funny, low-budget Fifth Gear style, no passion for cars whatsoever. 3/5 at best.

Meh is all I can say here... The Gallardo could have been good though..

Why are they messing around with Ducatis? I wanna see a fullout Japanese sportsbike test! That would be cool!

And if they would have done a standing start the bike would have taken the lead from the start...
0-60mph in less than 3sec.

edit. And the Ducati is a helluva lot more expensive than a Japanese bike..

The Ducati 1098 is waaay cooler than any Japanese bike will ever be.

Yea it is cooler and way prettier. But would you really pay almost twice the money for something that looks a bit better, but is not as fast? I'd love to see a Gixxer and a R1 fighting it out on that track!

edit: Why not throw a Desmodecci RR in there aswell, just to see how fast it really is!

Why are the cars not tested on the public road ?! People buy a mini cooper and use it to commute between home, work, supermarket and their mother. Ok, a circuit test can say something about a car: So let mr. Swift tell us which mini he preferred. Supercars can be tested on a circuit, because we will never buy them and just want to dream about them...
The Civic part didn't hold any surprises: a car setup for a track will always perform better on a track than a car that is designed for the road. But I've never seen Vicky bump around in a car like that before ! It looked like she was riding off-road !

Why are they messing around with Ducatis? I wanna see a fullout Japanese sportsbike test! That would be cool!

And if they would have done a standing start the bike would have taken the lead from the start...
0-60mph in less than 3sec.

edit. And the Ducati is a helluva lot more expensive than a Japanese bike..
italian exotic car vs italian exotic bike. makes all the sense.

Hi guys,
Well I really enjoyed this ep from start to finish.

I blotted out the 'three car review based on just looking at them' like RichW mentioned. Pointless IMO :? I drive a diesel but I wouldn't buy one based on one of those reviews! I mean COME ON!

I also thought the 'star in a fast car' (MY WORDS!) bit is kinda like TG. If you don't know or care about the people then it's pointless. But then again this is a British TV show so these guys would be known. Same goes for TG with 'star in a reasonably priced car'. So I guess I'll forgive them for that as it is specific to the nation in question. I guess some of the Australian members here loved it! That is if you like cricket to begin with....:lol:

Nah I'm just kidding!

Very good ep from the start with a few minor bits I paid no attention to....8)

I think they should do a Koenigsegg CCX vs. MV Agusta F4CC race.
100000$ 200HP Bike vs. 500000$ 800HP Car.
I guess the CCX would take it due to superior downforce and a similiar power to weight ratio, but it would be one nice visual spectacle.

Also gives them a good reason to test the ccx again without it breaking down.

I pretty much only watched this ep for the JDM vs UkDM type R... and what vicky said was a load of crap, which idiot walks in the showroom and says I want a track preped car (mind you, Type R's don't come with Stereo as stock as well, the one you saw was added on by the importer) but they complain the ride is so stiff... plus the UK type R is just plain ugly IMO.
awd-drifter, the JDM type R gets alot more than the 20hp, better suspension, LSD, Brembo brakes, stiffened chassis, I'm not sure about the UK typeR but the JDM typeR is actually a couple of mm wider than the normal.

IMO, any person that complains about the noisy cabin, stiff suspension, lack of options does not deserve a typeR.

IMO, any person that complains about the noisy cabin, stiff suspension, lack of options does not deserve a typeR.

Good, i don't want it. Im not a German car fan but, Porsche and the likes have already proved you can have a extremely fast car which is usable on the road, anything else is just a cheap piece of crap. The only exception is for true full-on race cars, and i'm sorry but the J-spec Type-R is far from that, not saying it probably wouldn't make a good base to race on, but where its at is just at stock is just a sort of lost, indecisive no-mans land , which to me makes it completely unlovable

Meh is all I can say here...

Nothing personal at all intended towards you Buba, but If your not going to make a point then whats the use in posting?

Last edited: