S6 2007/09/15 AS Grand Prix [2x10]

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
And it seems that firefox found an innovative way to save tires in lap 7. :p

2wheeled.jpg

awesome race, it took forever to get back on 4 wheels again. Great race, door to door racing. :D
btw, I didnt add fuel in the first race, althought the stats said i did. Bug?

Really nice first race(s)! :)

Race 1: First lap, first hairpin, braked a tiny bit too late trying to overtake ESPN and ended up in the grass. From last place I slowly started to move up again, got nice drafts in the straights and passed people in front. Pitting on the 8th lap got me ahead of ESPN as well.

Race 2: One of the nicest races I've had. FireFox and pdanev had a nice start and got 1-2 early on. It took me couple laps to get third. Then I started to catch up while FF and pdanev were busy fighting each other and slowing themselves down. Lap 9 I passed pdanev and almost had FireFox as well, but he blocked really well. Last lap pdanev passed me where I passed lap before and again I was third. On the finishing straight I almost had pdanev:

http://img340.imageshack.**/img340/4232/close1ah4.jpg

0.02 seconds away. ;)

Last edited:
Originally I was supposed to go to Frankfurt IAA this Saturday, but I got pretty sick so I stayed home. Good thing in this misfortune was that I could at least race. :)

And damn, what a race. 1st one was nothing exciting, but the 2nd race was great. Very nice fights, lots of overtakings and battles, an awesome start for the new season. I hope the rest of the races will be like this too! :)

edit: Sorry mischief, like I thought in 2nd lap the collision in turn 1 was my fault indeed. I thought you were far on the inside, but apparently you were really close. I should look around better next time. :(

Last edited:
Race 1: First 1.5 laps I was fighting ESPN. I don't know if he enjoyed that but I did. We were going back and forth going with clean passes. At the end of the second lap coming out of the last turn, I hit the tires. That absolutely sucked. I started putting in consistent laps to go after GraemeH at that point. I passed him on lap 5 on the downhill straight into the fast chicane. He gave me room to make it clean. Came into the pits and GraemeH passed me since I had to fix body damage. I passed GraemeH on lap 9 at the 180 or so degree corner on the inside. I was basically putting in consistent laps to make sure I can catch somebody. Salvaged 5th.

Race 2: 3 wide into the first corner didn't quite work out. Got bumped sideways but no big deal. For the entire first 2 laps, everybody was real close to each other and it was some fantastic racing. In lap 1, I spent half that lap beside Henry (aka FireFox). Just in awe. Then of course the mistakes started and I dropped to 5th trying to fend off GraemeH from overtaking me. I was starting to catch ESPN and I finally caught him by lap 6. Then of course, coming down the downhill straight, my car got squiggly over the bumps and into the sand trap. That was it for my contention to get ESPN or lonely of the front runners for that matter. All I could do now is put in consistent laps.

I really need to scrounge up some money and purchase an S2 license, since it seems the FinalGear racing is really fun...

"[FG] epp_b placed dead fricking last and drove like crap through the whole race"

That about sums it up for me <_<

"[FG] epp_b placed dead fricking last and drove like crap through the whole race"

That about sums it up for me <_<

I used to be slower then ESPNSTI, FF, pdanev, etc...

I'm almost on par with them with certain cars and tracks. It took me almost 5 seasons with them to become as good as they are and to start giving them a fight for their money. I trust the car more and more and what it is capable of doing.

It will take time. Don't just quit out of a race blaming yourself because you'll never get to that level. Keep racing...

Last edited:
Epp_b like most of us play since S1 days which is 3-4 years. You can't expect to brake world records in just 1-2 months after buying S2. ;)

Patience, practice, and more practice. Download some setups from inferno, pick one of the slower road cars e.g. XFG, take a track you like, and find a server that has that combo. Practice a lot and try to really master that combo. Download the world record replay from lfsworld, watch it, and practice. Race online and try to kick everyone's ass. Then take the XRG, and do the same. Climb up the letter through the turbocharged cars, up to cars with slicks and wings.

The CTRA servers are a good place to practice online, you have some "goal" to reach, ie next level of license, and the races are usually cleaner.

I was hoping to at least keep up .... somewhat :rolleyes:

And, actually, I do reasonably well sometimes on the CRTA and Redline races with the FOX. I think I've got a couple of podiums before.

Oh, I know, it's because they're FWD...I hate FWD :p

Last edited:
Oh, I know, it's because they're FWD...I hate FWD :p

Don't remind me. I dread front wheel drive cars. Give me AWD or RWD.

Just a tip on FWD (and yes, I think it's the work of the Devil), you can somewhat counteract the understeer by keeping the foot on the break while applying the throttle in sharp corners.

Also, there will be a point where you may think you have reached a plateau where you can't get any faster for a long time during practice (and you may actually start to run worse for a bit), but then all of the sudden you can find something, or you find yourself running faster without knowing why.

Another thing is that there is a big difference between setups and how you drive them. XFR/UFR is quite easy to drive with clutch diff and preload, but apparently not the fastest so locked diffs are often used, which is a bitch to handle. Especially in twistier parts. During this race I actually used very often the handbrake, in particular when I missed the braking a bit and the car wouldn't turn. What ESPN suggested is also "normal" procedure with FWD cars. :)

Different cars, even same cars with different setups have to be driven differently. Some require braking in straight line and rolling into the apex, others trail braking, sometimes you have to be gentle with the throttle on exit sometimes you have to jump on it asap. At times the car may be very sensitive and require precision driving, and sometimes it has to be thrown and trashed into a corner in a hardcore way.

Again, practice practice and more practice. Don't be afraid to experiment, especially when you feel like you've reached your max. Try something new out, later/earlier braking, sharper and quicker turn in etc etc etc. :)

I was hoping to at least keep up .... somewhat :rolleyes:

you're probably still faster than me, and i've been racing for 3 seasons :D.

any news on this weeks race? sorry i missed the other races, not been looking at this section much :blush:

you're probably still faster than me, and i've been racing for 3 seasons
Mind giving me some self-esteem by joining today's race? :p

any news on this weeks race? sorry i missed the other races, not been looking at this section much
I would assume it's still on as usual.

It is on. RB4/GTT/FXO on BlackWood Reverse. 20 laps each race.

thanks. what time is it in GMT?

sorry missed it :(

i would join to watch, but my sister is using my PC now.