McLaren espionage hearing

I don't think Kimi's worth 50mil. They can get Rosberg for a lot less, probably, same skills.

It's not written over in black. It's written over in white. I haven't tried reading the deleted text, but I'm pretty sure it can't be done. They left space where the deleted text was.

So the sentence:

"Ferrari are a bunch of gay faces who pay Kimi Raikonnen 50,000,000 USD." would become

"Ferrari are a bunch of gay faces who pay Kimi Raikonnen "

They deleted stuff like people's salaries and the name of their break balance system.

On the modified document it's done properly. That's wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007a.pdf. On the original document (wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007.pdf) however it was done wrong. Havent seen the original yet, so anyone wants to share it?

I've got wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007.pdf, but there is no text in the white gaps when you copy it to word...

On the modified document it's done properly. That's wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007a.pdf. On the original document (wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007.pdf) however it was done wrong. Havent seen the original yet, so anyone wants to share it?

HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!

here's the link to the botched document

Wow...from page 57 on you can really get into the details on how the cars work...bug mistake by the FIA...

^6No clue...but it does say that the gas that Ferrari put in their tyres is CO2...

I would guess it works by, instead of having a solid connection to the master cylinder from the pedal, uses the spring to delay the input to the rear brakes. It's probable that they have on cylinder solidly connected as a backup and then a second to apply this gradual load.

This will probably have the effect of them being able to shift the brake balance further to the rear overcoming the front wheel locking issue without the common wheel lockup problems you get by running say 55:45 split or something like that. If you run just a standard fixed system then you run the risk of locking up the rears straight away and since the engine is in gear, doing so stops the engine which has an added effect of causing further rear wheel deceleration which is often not recoverable till the engine starts to fire again. Depending on the available grip it can sometimes be the case that this doesn't happen so you effectively fly off the track backwards. Conversely though, you kind of want the front brakes to 'bite' and dig the tyre into the surface and you also want quick and positive response from the pedal, not something you'd get from having a slow operating brake circuit.

Hence, this spring system allows the best of both worlds. Simple, but effective, and also perfectly possible to come up with on your own!

Coughlan gets a pretty good wage. ?300,00 to ?400,000 according to page 28.
Does any else find it funny how pointless it was Hamilton being there. He said literally 3 things.

Hamilton was more of a figure, than a useful witness, sorta lik? a very popular young rising star, who attracts big crowds & helps ratings. His jo? was to beg by all his look & presentation not to punish his team.

It's called - Play a cute sad little girl card.

I haven't read the transcript, but can anyone else understand why Alonso wasn't at the hearing?

I haven't read the transcript, but can anyone else understand why Alonso wasn't at the hearing?

He was invited, but chose not to come. And also as he was a major player in the scandal and his relationship with Ron is non-existant, then he decided he couldnt be bothered.

Also, if you were him and you knew Hamilton was going to the hearing, then had to race back to Spa for the race, then you'd stay at Spa too so you didnt have all that politics crap running through your head and affecting your weekend.

Hamilton was more of a figure, than a useful witness, sorta lik? a very popular young rising star, who attracts big crowds & helps ratings. His jo? was to beg by all his look & presentation not to punish his team.

It's called - Play a cute sad little girl card.

It was a tactic that worked though.

^^Yeah...and although Hamilton himself didn't say much, he made sure his counsel did...I think they actually saved the day.

F1: Stepney to Publish His Version of Spy Saga

Written by: RACER staff London, UK ? 9/25/2007

In the wake of the spy saga christened with his name, it?s very unlikely that former Ferrari chief mechanic Nigel Stepney will ever find employment in the Formula 1 paddock again.

But the Briton might secure his financial future in a different way, as the man in the center of ?Stepneygate? will launch an autobiography next year detailing his version of the scandal which eventually resulted in McLaren being kicked out of this year?s constructor?s championship and also being fined a record $100 million.

Work is already underway on ?Red Mist?, the book?s tentative title.

"He intends to cover every aspect of his life in and out of Formula 1, plus an in-depth account of the recent 'Stepneygate' saga,? revealed publisher Lorie Coffey.

"He has not had the opportunity to put across his point of view about the whole affair, and that is what he wants to do now. He is not doing this for any financial gain whatsoever.

"It follows him from his childhood, through Broadspeed, Shadow, Benetton and Ferrari and is an in-depth and truthful account of his life in and out of Formula 1."

Source

^ Oooh, I hope he gets stuck into Ferrari big time and really throws up some dirt about them!

He is not doing this for any financial gain whatsoever.

Rubbish. Still, it should be a good read, especially if he does cover his past with Benetton and his Ferrari career before the Stepneygate issues this year. I enjoyed Steve Matchett's books very much so I'd probably go out and buy this.

I'd like to see Nigel really expose Benetton and Ferrari for what they have done.

Another reason why I don't like Ferrari.

Cheap shot!

Luca di Montezemolo, the chairman of Ferrari, has developed a bad habit in recent weeks of opening his mouth and saying controversial things. A few weeks ago Montezemolo told students in Rome that he had been a World Champion copier when he was taking exams and that they would do well to copy things from others. This came at the height of the Stepneygate revelations.

Now that the FIA has decided to punish McLaren for being in possession of Ferrari data, despite having absolutely no proof that it was used to improve the performance of the cars, Montezemolo has waded in saying that "whoever wins the Drivers' title will do so either with a little bit of Ferrari or with a proper Ferrari".

It is shame that the team needs to use such ridiculous claims. It would be better to win the World Championship on the race track rather than in the newspapers.

Pouhon

^ They just don't get it do they? They can't accept the simple fact that they've been beaten by a better team, and that the knowledge McLaren had hasn't benefited them.

Oh well, provided they keep blaming others for not winning this year, chances are they won't fix their problems, so with a bit of luck they'll have an even worse 2008.