1995 Jaguar XJR - in black

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Welp, just bought this one out of California. It's a 95 XJR wearing the Milan wheels off a 2003 XJR (there are a few other modifications). It has 100K on the clock, two owners, and service records going back to day one. No dings, dents, car was recently resprayed the original black; the black interior is in excellent condition. The previous owner was a fanatic about maintenance and only used synthetic fluids. Need to tint the windows, though.

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

Nice car.

Just a thought, but do you have any Jaguar tattoos on your body? Be honest...

Nice wheels!

Does it need some mods to fit in your collection of modded jags, or has it been pre-modded?

The owner installed a few minor mods. I have a pulley, larger intercooler, and chip I'm going to be putting on it. 450hp, anyone?

Nice car.

Just a thought, but do you have any Jaguar tattoos on your body? Be honest...

No, I don't. But if you scratch me, my blood is BRG - so I may be related to the Stig, or so I'm told. :D

FYI, it really does run in the family. My father just bought the XJ12 that was the other car I was looking at before I settled on this one:

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

I do drive, like, and own other cars that are not Jaguars... but I always seem to come back to the big cats in the end.

Last edited:
splendid choice sir!

looks damn near immaculate!

very nice car, im gonna persuade my dad to get one i think. he's not happy with the Rav4 and to be honest, now that my brother can drive and has a car, my parents really dont need to keep buying sensible cars.

only problem is my mums had multiple hip replacements so higher cars do suit her alot better. but still my dads always wanted an XJ, if he does decide to chop the toyota in im sure he'd consider a used XJ.

Very nice, although I do preferred the stock wheels that came with the early XJRs. How much did it end up costing you in the end, If you don't mind me asking.

Very nice - looks great on those wheels. The fact it's not short of hp also helps. Congrats.

Is it lowered or are the wheels kind of large? Or do all mid 90's XJR's look that low?

Spectre Nice wheels - love the Jag hood (Bonnet) ornament, the rims, the colour and the inside looks great too. All for 5000 GBP - bargain I say. Happy motoring. The engine bay is pristine. ...

Wow, brilliant example of a beasty car!

Is it lowered or are the wheels kind of large? Or do all mid 90's XJR's look that low?

It's not lowered. The original wheels were 17"x8" - these are 18"x8"s off a 2002-2003 XJR. It's actually about three-quarters of an inch *taller* than stock because the PO put slightly taller tires on it by accident.

The color helps, but all the *real* XJs (pre-04) look about that low because they *are* that low. If you see one running around, go look at it. :)

No, I don't. But if you scratch me, my blood is BRG - so I may be related to the Stig, or so I'm told. :D

FYI, it really does run in the family. My father just bought the XJ12 that was the other car I was looking at before I settled on this one:

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

I do drive, like, and own other cars that are not Jaguars... but I always seem to come back to the big cats in the end.

That's a pretty nice XJ too. How is the V12 in those? Is it pretty fast?

My grandfather use to have a V12 XJS. But when the motor started having problems, he found out it cost twice what the car was worth to rebuild it. He ended up pulling the motor and doing a small block 350 swap. He actually liked the car much more after that.

Have you noticed that it is creamily gratifying to fly past a small sporty car but even more so to just creep down the street.

Cool car! tell us how it treats you as far as reliability, those old Jags atleast appear to be bargains

That's a pretty nice XJ too. How is the V12 in those? Is it pretty fast?

My grandfather use to have a V12 XJS. But when the motor started having problems, he found out it cost twice what the car was worth to rebuild it. He ended up pulling the motor and doing a small block 350 swap. He actually liked the car much more after that.

That's the revised V12, the 6.0L. It fixes the problems that the 5.3 had (overheating, dropped valves, later ones had Italian ignition systems that could set them on fire). This one is the 96, the very last of the line. It added distributorless ignition and some tuning tweaks; power output is 313 HP @ 5350 rpm; 353 ft lb @ 3750 rpm. Most of the torque is available immediately right off idle. It's very quick for its era, and it's still faster and more powerful than the current normally-aspirated V8 product.

Very good looking car. Nice find Spectre for $10,000 USD.