2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Welcome to the 2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix in Shanghai.

finish1-lg.jpg

What a race in Fuji. Lewis appears to have the championship sewn up now, but this is Formula 1 and ANYTHING can happen in the final 2 races. Championship standings are Lewis on 107, Fernando on 95 and Kimi on 90. Lewis needs to finish 3 points ahead of Fernando to win the championship.

Now for the all important 6 questions.

1) Can Lewis claim his first Formula 1 World Championship here?
2) Will we see another wet race? (remember last years was wet too).
3) Can Renault stay ahead of BMW after their impressive outing in Fuji?
4) Will Angry Webber have an absolute blinder this weekend?
5) Who will be on the podium?
6) And most importantly, what will James' reaction be to Lewis winning the championship if it happens?

This should be a cracking race. It's been a great season so far. Friday practice begins on the 5th of October.

Let the discussion begin.

Championship standings are Lewis on 107, Fernando on 95 and Kimi on 90. Lewis needs to finish 3 points ahead of Fernando to win the championship.

Doesn't he just need to finish one point behind in China? Since if he finishes 1 point behind Alonso, he's still 11 clear with 10 for Alonso to make up in Brazil.

6) And most importantly, what will James' reaction be to Lewis winning the championship if it happens?

1. Don't think he'll worry too much if it has to be finished in Brazil.
2. No, but Brazil will probably
3. No
4. No
5. Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton
6. Feverish masturbation. On air.

1) Hell yeah.
2) Hope so...but probably not...
3) Nope, only if it's wet
4) No
5) Raikkonen Hamilton Alonso in that order
6) He'll start yelling again...

Now for the all important 6 questions.

1) Yes
2) Possibly
3) I don't think so
4) His car will let him down
5) Raikkonen, Hamilton, Alonso
6) It's going to be unbearable, whatever it is...:p

1. I hope so, it would be a shame to see him lose it now. I don't want Alonso to win it and I think Kimi is too far back. All it takes is a DNF though and its still on.

2. Quite possible, seems to rain a lot in China

3. No, exceptional circumstances. BMW will be back on form.

4. He will do what he has done all season, qualify the car higher than it should be and struggle in the race or retire.....to think he could have had his first win *sigh* (I will take weeks to get over this)

5. It will be full of Ferrari and McLaren drivers, not sure who though.

6. He will resolve to finally stop making stupid mistakes in broadcasts.

Doesn't he just need to finish one point behind in China? Since if he finishes 1 point behind Alonso, he's still 11 clear with 10 for Alonso to make up in Brazil.

He needs 3 to clinch it in China.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion......if he gets 3 points and Alonso wins. It would mean the championship was.

Hamilton-110
Alonso-105

So he wouldn't clinch it. So if Lewis finishes 2nd or higher he wins the title. Or if he finishes 1 point behind Alonso he wins the title as he would be 11 points ahead of Alonso with 1 race left.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion......if he gets 3 points and Alonso wins. It would mean the championship was.

Hamilton-110
Alonso-105

So he wouldn't clinch it. So if Lewis finishes 2nd or higher he wins the title. Or if he finishes 1 point behind Alonso he wins the title as he would be 11 points ahead of Alonso with 1 race left.

When I worked it out earlier it looked like it worked. Obviously doesnt :lol:

I reckon Brazil is when it will be won anyway.

Ok, so here's a table of what could happen this weekend.

gtyuhij.jpg

So for example, if Alonso comes 1st and Hamilton comes 6th then it would be 105 vs 110. This is where I got my 3 points in front to make certain of it from.

1) Yes.
2) Hopefully.
3) Doubt it.
4) I wish, but I don't think so.
5) Webber (I can Dream) Hamilton, Raikkonen.
6) Whatever it is, I won't have to witness it.

Vettel gets Chinese GP penalty
30 September 2007

If he thought things couldn't get much worse than colliding with a sister Red Bull Racing car while both he and Webber were on track for a podium, Sebastian Vettel has been handed a ten-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Stewards at Fuji ruled Vettel at fault for the incident and have handed down the penalty. The rookie broke down in tears after causing the accident and has since apologised to Mark Webber.

Source

Small consolation for a big mistake.

It's no consolation, since it does nothing for Webber, and I'm not sure there should be any punishment. No punishment could match the punishment he already had of losing a third place finish. It'd be different if they were rivals or he had something to gain from it, then there may be questions about how much of an accident it was. But he's already punished himself with his mistake more than the stewards could.

Yeh that is poor form. He made a mistake, its not going to give Webber another shot at a GP. So Vettel will be starting last when he would be starting from near the back anyway.

1) Maybe - but its getting close
2) Hope so!
3) if its wet, maybe
4) Yes!
5) Lewis, Alonso, Kimi, not in that order
6) He'll implode.

1) Maybe, all Lewis needs to do is finish fourth in the last two races and he'll take the title - so given the advantage the McLarens & Ferraris have, all Lewis needs to do is stay out of trouble and hope the car doesn't let him down.
2) Perhaps, I'm going to say no, because I'm wild and crazy and live life on the edge...
3) Don't think so - BMW still have their measure.
4) One can only hope - but my god he needs some luck (and maybe a vomit-bag on board)
5) Alonso, Kimi, Lewis - not necessarily in that order
6) I think we'll hear a wheezing sound, following by the sound of his head exploding.

Yes good effort making all these threads for us. Much appreciated!

1) Yes, but I hope he doesn't.
2) Ask the weather forecasters, then go with the opposite answer.
3) Yes! Go Renault! I can say that now because I work for ING...
4) No, and angry squirrel will sabotage his race by inserting itself into Webber's radiator at 300 km/h.
5) Raikkonen, Alonso, Massa.
6) He will have an orgasm on air, which will push Martin over the edge and he'll impale James with his microphone. And there will be much rejoicing.

He will have a blood vessel in his brain explode, causing him to collapse on the floor and end his broadcasting days right there.

Then scientists will announce they have a new vaccine that gives Murray Walker eternal life and reset him back to the Murray of the late 90's and we will be alright.