Freeware: BMW M3 Challenge (Drive authentic BMW M3 around N?rburgring)

That's not exactly drifting. Drifting would be connecting most of the corners together. Good effort though.

I myself gave it a try, particularly annoying that no matter what I can not turn off the centering spring effect. And then there's of course the limitation of the game, which prevent you from drifting the proper way, some strange physical phenomenons in this "sim". It's still better than average though, especially considering that it's free, but not exactly LFS or RBR either.

It's really choppy on my core2duo, x1950pro w.1GB RAM...

but not exactly LFS or RBR either.

RBR ? which game is that ?

The game is not superb but maybe that's the meaning. If you want the real deal you should just buy GTR2 or even better GTL (that's the one I prefer).

It runs flawless on my E6600 core duo, 2gb, x1600pro 256mb. :blink:

Last edited:
Just FYI, this is also in rfactor and in that you can race all versions of the ring with 2007 graphics updates. Lot's of fun it is to. :)

Possibly your memory, I played it at full settings a virtually identical system with two gigs. Though mine is overclocked.

Anyway, I played this thing and it is crap. The physics are horrible, but the car looks alright (but AA seems non-existent even when turned to level 3) and the sounds are great.

It sucks that you can't powerslide that thing. I do make some small slides, but I just spin out most of the time...

You can but it takes a little throttle control and maybe some setup tuning will help you out. I have been thrashing the life out of one around the Tourist and having a blast, have to stop every now and again as I am laughing so much it hurts. Plus the rear rubber starts to get a wee bit sad after half a lap of abuse at that track, awesome fun though. Inches from death constantly and totally sideways. :)

I really like this game, car controlling is easier than in GTR2, so it gives pleasure without spending long hours on practicing. Wheel is must have here.
BTW, I have to install the track posted few pages back.