Tom 'Wookie? Ford crashes and Breaks Foot **Potential Spoiler**

funny to see how the suns have to mention Hammond's crash as well, as if its related. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway poor old Tom. I don't believe he's only 29 either! I have rated him around my age....mid 30's I guess. He is a big hairy guy but I wouldn't call him a wookie. If he has a hairy back well then MAYBE but other than that....

I do hope he'll be alright though as he's the brightest light in a darkish show called Fifth Gear....apart from Tiff that is....& Johnny too.... Note I left someone out.... :p

Having a broken foot would be such a hassle, I can barely function when one my toes hurt.

Thread cleaned up and off-topic posts deleted. :rolleyes:

<well, it was a bit of a rip off, but get better soon Tom.

Well, ever seen the episode of South Park where the Simpsons Did It? Same kinda thing.

Exactly, it's no rip-off!

In Top Gear Hammond had a 'Suzuki Super Carry'. Tom had a 'Bedford Rascal'.

In Top Gear, Hammond tried to do a bit of the old 'Scandinavian Flick'. Tom was trying to 'Drift'.

In Top Gear Hammond was caught off guard and badly shaken. Tom was surprised and startled.

Hammond was on a private track near the Top Gear studio, Tom was on a private track near the Fifth Gear studio.

The two scenarios couldn't have less in common!!

/sarcasm

I do hope he'll be alright though as he's the brightest light in a darkish show called Fifth Gear....apart from Tiff that is....& Johnny too.... Note I left someone out.... :p

Don't like Jason, huh? Ah well.

Think you could buy him a razor or some body wax maybe ?

fifthgeardrifting14.jpg

In Top Gear, Hammond tried to do a bit of the old 'Scandinavian Flick'. Tom was trying to 'Drift'.

from wikipedia:

The Scandinavian flick, or Pendulum turn, is a technique used in rallying. While approaching the turn the driver applies a slight steering input to the opposite direction of the turn and pushes down the brake and throttle pedals simultaneously. This will cause the car to slide sideways facing slightly away from the turn. Then steering input is applied towards the turn and as the driver releases the brake pedal while still holding down the throttle the car will slingshot itself around the corner to the desired direction. Of course, countersteering will again be required to control the induced oversteer.

This technique is used to help the driver get around corners that had an increasing radius, but it is also used as a show off as the result of the flick involves the car oversteering heavily.
("Oversteering heavily" also known as "drifting")

Tobias,
I wasn't talking about Plato either....

Can you guess? :whistle: