[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Last season Jeremy cut out a part of the wall with a chainsaw, if the old wall was made out of metal we would have seen sparks. I think they only saved the top bit of it.

Yeah that part and the actual pics, looked like someone had burned then with a lighter. Not in an actual fire.

The Golf review was very good, what a butt ugly car it is though........
Very ugly indeed- there seems to be a new trend of cars being WHITE again. Seen a few ads with white cars like the new Mercedes C class. :hmm:

Fantastic start to the new series I reckon. Makes me want to pack an overnight bag and drive straight down to the alps right now! Brings back memories of a couple of trips in my old Golf... not quite the same though :)

Funny, but still beautifully filmed, good choice of music and some great cars! Nice to see TG doing what they do best :thumbsup:

Ahhhh, how satisfying was that? I always enjoy the films in which they each have a car and generally bicker about why the other two have picked the wrong one. I also liked the dig at Fifth Gear; a few broken toes? What a poof! Richard would continue kicking a tramp to death with a girly injury like that.

I'm not sure the world was ready for a naked man with lady hair driving an Aston Martin but let's be honest, that's the type of thing you expect of an English gentleman.

Loved the preview too - some pretty good stuff to come; I liked the part where James called Jeremy a "gay terrorist".

Can I just say...The roundabout with the fountains in Liechtenstein...I've been there! Where they parked was the main bus depot (though not where the buses are) and the camera was in a pedestrianised zone when showing that museum. Sorry.

Anyway. Those roads looked immense. And some of the new camera angles were damn nice as well, with some decent rig shots as well. That swiss tunnel however...Oh how I wanted to be there! And on those roads. I believe some kind of party is in order to those places.

The news segment was quite funny, especially the 5th Gear mentioning, Bentley's wheel nut problem, and the smoking (and other things) at the wheel :lol:

Shame about the Cool Wall. Hopefully they will re-make it soon enough...

Looking forward to tomorrow's videos from the website, and then on to next Sunday. Can't wait.

I think James hasn't been this humiliated on TV since his first ever episode in his Rolls. Lets recap shall we:
1) The fact how at-home he felt in the chairs
2) His pre-flight-checks when first starting off
3) His sore bum and crushed testacles
4) Being in a petrol station with a shirt that had more sweat in in than The Channel has water
5) Holding up the entire ferry by being a complete idiot

And last but definetly not least
6) Pouring water over his nakedness in a truly crappy and ugly car

fantastic! great to have the boys back on the screen, and what an episode. that golf is insane!

looking forward to next weeks show, the line up looks brilliant.

shame about the cool wall, but that TV is sooo retro!

Anyone could dechiper all those *bleeps* that Jeremy got when the roads were.. uhm.. screwed ? :D

Sorry to spam this thread, but did anyone else realise the soundtrack to Micheal Mann's Miami vice remake featured a lot in this? I noticed A-500 and an instrumental version of 'in the air tonight' (WHERE CAN I GET THAT?!)

It was also used a lot in the America episode too. Not suprised, it's a cracking soundtrack. I have it, that how I noticed!

No way, saw that thing at Britcar and it looked fantastic!

It might look fine on a racetrack, but driving around on a public road in a yellow car with a green roof, no passenger seat, proper windows, radio, carpets ... And to add insult to injury, a racecar with J. May writen on it just looks funny.

This was the first episode I got to see via BBC 2 (I live in the US, but studying abroad this semester in England). And it was totally amazing! I definitely want to spend my Fall break finding those roads in Italy!

I agree with Speedotuch's comment on the camera work. Wicked stuff there! And hearing those engines in surround sound just gave me chills! Beats watching it on my computer my a mile! Can't wait for the rest of the series

I think James hasn't been this humiliated on TV since his first ever episode in his Rolls. Lets recap shall we:
1) The fact how at-home he felt in the chairs
2) His pre-flight-checks when first starting off
3) His sore bum and crushed testacles
4) Being in a petrol station with a shirt that had more sweat in in than The Channel has water
5) Holding up the entire ferry by being a complete idiot

And last but definetly not least
6) Pouring water over his nakedness in a truly crappy and ugly car

he was further humiliated in the actual studio - mainly with comments about his bathroom behaviour!

I must say, BBC 2 has an interesting lineup of programming. Before Top Gear we were treated to what our ancestors favoured eating and after Top Gear an insightful programme about man boobs. Anyway, that was a triumphant return to the series and offered a refreshing lack of challenges. As usual, the filming of the roads segment was magnificent to behold and would be simply breath taking in HD. The Golf segment felt a little odd though considering it will never be commercially released. I loved the jibes at Fifth Gear :lol:

awwwww I think that was 59 minutes of perfection.... 1 minute of course being ruined by that image of mr may.... oh dear.... BUT HAMMOND IN THE R26!! yeah :D

anyways I'm surprised 2 things didn't happen 1 - nowt about the boss of aston crashing that aston and 2 - no cocky audience member going "unno, looks like a generic bmw" with the cool wall picture... Shame about the props fire... someone find some chairs for them, though the "new look" is kinda good.

Oh and NOTHING, absolutely nothing about Colin Mcrae, I know it was 3 weeks ago, but they cancelled the news for Richard Burns. That was the only dissappointing thing afaic

and after Top Gear an insightful programme about man boobs.

I thought Top Gear was an insightful programme about man boobs?

Also guys, check the site, we won't be getting uncutness tomorrow, according to our 'good friend'.

Erm no Colin McRae tribute? Unless that is the extended news?

Last edited:
Erm no Colin McRae tribute? Unless that is the extended news?

Sure they aren't required to do anything of the sort, but it would be nice to see a mention of McRae. If not for his worldwide recognition and influence then AT LEAST for the multiple appearances he's had with Clarkson's various shows/videos.