Fifth Gear is better

Top Gear blows now compared to Fifth Gear.

That's incorrect... Fifth Gear is the best car show around nowadays. Top Gear is the best car-related general entertainment show around.

They're both good but for pure, technical reviews FG is better. I mean come on, most of the reviews on TG aren't even fair... they just pertain to Clarkson's biases. I usually agree with him, but it's the principle.

FG has been going steady this series and last one too... all you need to do is completely skip the guest segments and you have a great car program. ;)

Fifth Gear is a terrible show.

[/thread]

Fifth Gear has grown on me since I've been watching reruns of it on Discovery Real Time. Who doesn't love a good crash test now and then? Tiff's driving is a bonus.

The new Episodes have been fairly good. I agree with Shawn, at this point Top Gear has strayed too much away from what it was for so long. So as of right now I would have to say FG is the better car show.

I had to comment in here because FG has come a LONG way since last season. These last three episodes have been pretty decent! Plato's arrogance is gone, I really enjoy how Tiff and him interact, like real chums. They trashed some of the stupid segments and brought some better things.

For entertainment nobody beats Top Gear, but I'm very happy that FG is worth watching again (other then just zipping ahead to the Tiff Parts)

Tiff is Brilliant, he is non-biased, an incredible driver, down to earth, non-arrogant and well spoken, he makes 50% of FG's goodness.

I agree that top gear is mostly entertainment rather than car reports

after watching last season + the polar challenge, i keep forgetting that top gear was meant to be all about cars and their reports on them. The harvesting bit they did in the last season---> wtf?

i mean i really enjoy top gear but their content is not focused on car reviews anymore. I think it's mostly focused on how they overcome their top gear challenges (dogsled vs car to the north pole, who has the better tractor, the best cheap/beatup american car in the US) to entertain the viewers.

Fifth gear, on the other hand, is starting to pick up well. Probably better than a lot of other motoring shows (like motorweek, hahaha)

That's incorrect... Fifth Gear is the best car show around nowadays. Top Gear is the best car-related general entertainment show around.

Spot on assessment.

I know of many people who watch Top Gear here because of the guys doing stuffing about. It's a fun show to watch. The same people find Fifth Gear for the most part boring because its all about the cars.

I'm not going to state one show is categorically better than the other because they are two very different "car programs".

My own preference is towards Fifth Gear because of the driving skills of Jason Plato & Tiff Needell who I feel are the two best drivers on TV & they can truly test a car to its limits.

I watch Top Gear to be entertained & laugh my arse off.

5th Gear is enjoyed by car enthusiasts; Top Gear is enjoyed by the average Joe who happens to like expensive cars on occasion.

5th Gear is enjoyed by car enthusiasts; Top Gear is enjoyed by the average Joe who happens to like expensive cars on occasion.
:|
Theres nothing to enjoy in fg, they can make a cool car review so boring. Fg is just so clinical, theres no emotions. And reviews are too short.

Vicky is just so annoing in her reviews, that she kills the review.
And Tiff only drifts. We get it, that you can drift and drive, but i'm expecting something more...
And why do we need those celebreties in the show. If they say, that they are the best car show, then show us some proper full car reviews, not that crap what you shows us now!!!! Or proper car related parts (tuning or racing smthing like that). I dont want to see some hag drive a limo or a blond chick drive a big truck:mad:
and dont copy from tg, dont try to entertain, because you suck in that

Last edited:
To me FG is a whatever show, I still watch it, but I do skip LOTS of things. If it stops running I really would not care that much. I think it was much better a long time ago.

Fifth Gear is NOT better than Top Gear and anyway I can't bear to watch the contortions that Vicki makes when she talks... =/

I agree that Top Gear's challenges are sometimes irrelevant but are entertaining none-the-less.

AND what do you call Fifth GEAR'S GAY FUCKING CELEBRITY CHALLENGES!?!?!?!
They bloody give cars to rich fat bastards and we are subjected to their lame reactions and sometimes arduous "test-drives". Who cares about these people and their dreams? Relevant? I think not. <_<

The worst for me has got to be when they followed that guy learning how to ride a motorbike. I mean who the fuck cares. =/ AND hey later re-visited him passing his test. You actually call this better than the glorious Top Gear you imbecile?

Oh and please learn to spell, makes you look like a completely arrogant tard.

Spot on assessment.

I know of many people who watch Top Gear here because of the guys doing stuffing about. It's a fun show to watch. The same people find Fifth Gear for the most part boring because its all about the cars.

I'm not going to state one show is categorically better than the other because they are two very different "car programs".

My own preference is towards Fifth Gear because of the driving skills of Jason Plato & Tiff Needell who I feel are the two best drivers on TV & they can truly test a car to its limits.

I watch Top Gear to be entertained & laugh my arse off.

Totally agree. Was just bout to say the same thing. I think another plus with fifth gear is that they really have the latest cars on since they don't spend a year and a half filming like top gear. Top Gear's gonna have the 599 soon but I don't even remember when they tested it on fifth gear anymore. hah.

woaw. I thought none of the top gear JC fan boys who wanna give JC a hand wackin came into the fifth gear section.. I don't get why people go crazy over the presenters accents. Plus I'd rather much listen to Tiff talk bout a car than Jeremy whine like an annoying kid.

Last edited:
No way in hell, did you see last weeks episode? Apart from the funny reliants, pure bilge

totally agree, fifth gear is incredibly bad!!!!!!!!!! I sky+ it and watch it the following day as i cant stand the morons on it, takes me about 3 minutes.

Tiff constantly bigging himself up ALL the time, your not on TOP GEAR Tiff, coz you suck ass!!!! Get over it!!!!! VBH flirting with anyone within a 5 mile radius, sad cow!!! the stupid cafe!!!! the rubbish camera angles trying to make it stylish, i could go on!!
Tom Ford is the only amusing one on it, Plato is a great driver but he should be testing fast cars on his own, not having testosterone matches with tiffony, the pathetic celebrity BIG UPS, tryin to give the impression its THE MAJOR motoring show to be on!! come on!!!! Its not even as good as Clarksons crap dress sense!!

i rest my case!!

I thought so too, until I saw two FG clips on Discovery a while ago. One clip showed the effects of a large crash on the motorway, and the other one showed the endurance of Mercedes-Benz cars before 1995. After which I never got interested in the entire show.

Don't get me wrong, both were very educating for the average guy, but for the enthusiast, who feels a passion for a car, it was shameful. In the large scale crash, with several cars, they ruined a w126 mercedes...a brilliant machine. In the endurance, they ruined a w124. First of all, isn't it possible to show how a large and heavy car damages a small and old family hatchback with something less expensive and something less beautiful? Secondly, in what way is driving a w124 into a pond, endurance testing? Were they expecting it to float? :blink: And I didn't even mention the baseball bat...:cry:

I think the two shows can't really compete though, as often said before, Top Gear is a carshow which entertains even non-car enthusiasts, while Fifth Gear focuses more on the cars.

Last edited:
^ Those old S-classes can be bought for very cheap.

^ Those old S-classes can be bought for very cheap.

It doesn't make them any less of a car. In general I don't approve of ruining great cars. And for your information, the starting price for a good S (w126) class here is 2000-3000 euros. And I am sure someone, like me <_< , would have been very happy to have those cars for a cheaper price.

Well, it's no worse than when Clarkson shot at a Prius in his videos, that Prius is probably worth more than the old Merc.