Dodge Tips Hat to Texas with Introduction of New 2008 Resistol Edition

OK, so, I don't mind it too much, I'd never dare think of owning one but seriously, WTF is up with those front rims?? Terrible!
^ It's just the standard garbage rims you get with really big heavy-duty trucks here in NA. I guess they could have gotten something fancy since it's a fancy truck, or at least a set that matched the rear.
:lmao:
Every wheel on that truck is the same. They are all interchangeable. Since it's a dually, (there are 4 tires on the back axle) the inside rear wheels are oriented like the fronts, the outer rear wheel has to be 'flipped'. Christ I hope you get it now, or else I will have to bust out MS Paint. Please don't make me :lol:.

As far as fullsize trucks are concerned; there hasn't been one built in 20 years that I would own. The newest ones are just bloated and ugly.

Have you EVER tried to part a 3500 MEGA CAB? It's not easy, so don't blame me if im not in between the lines! :lol:

KaJuN doesn't drive a 3500 MEGA CAB. Therefore he has no obligation to acquire the skill to park/drive it competently. You, on the other hand, do because you DO drive a 3500 MEGA CAB. The real questions is: Why are YOU not capable of parking it competently? The truck doesn't park itself. If you choose to operate a large vehicle you need to be responsible enough to drive it with acceptable competence:

peterbilt_model379x.jpg

Which is why it is illegal to operate extremely large vehicles without additional training. Granted, you probably do not drive class 8 trucks for a living but the point is the same.

By the way, Mopar Man, how often do you use your truck's 15000 pound towing capacity or the 2700 pound payload capacity?

Last edited:
Have you EVER tried to part a 3500 MEGA CAB? It's not easy, so don't blame me if im not in between the lines! :lol:

It's not that hard, you just have to be willing to put in the effort. Before I had my own cars I used to borrow trucks from the family business to get around. I was able to park the F-350 dually between the lines in a parking lot fairly easily. The F-350 crew cab (w/ 8' bed) took up two spots though, but that two spots end to end because it was so long.

By the way, Mopar Man, how often do you use your truck's 15000 pound towing capacity or the 2700 pound payload capacity?

By the way nist7, how often do you use your car's five seats and 13 cubic ft cargo capacity and 39.4 inches of front head room and 42.7 inches of front leg room and 37.6 inches of rear head room and 34.3 inches of rear leg room?

Two or three times a year probobly. Oh well, I like the size, the rear passenger seating, the power, and...the size.

Um, since they went to the New Ram in 1993 a gun rack *has* been available as a factory and dealership option....
Err...I wouldn't know/care.

Makes sense, though. And not just because we're all big fat stupid Americans either.

By the way nist7, how often do you use your car's five seats and 13 cubic ft cargo capacity and 39.4 inches of front head room and 42.7 inches of front leg room and 37.6 inches of rear head room and 34.3 inches of rear leg room?

Daily to at least twice a week. The front head room and leg room are being used on a daily basis. I'll drive my friends around on the weekends or if we are going out to get food during study breaks at the library, which would use up the passenger and one of the rear seat as well. The trunk is also used for housing my phat sound system: two subwoofers and two amplifiers. The other back seat is also littered with emergency supplies and various other items like an umbrella and the such. My car has also been loaded to the brim during a few dumpster diving sessions.

I'm surprised that you missed the point of my comment. Of course, your question attempts to bring out the hypocrisy to a certain degree. Granted, I do not utilize FULLY my car's capacities on a daily, hourly basis. Relatively speaking, my daily activities do not require the usage of a full-ton, dually pickup and a small 2 door coupe suffice for most occasions.

Two or three times a year probobly. Oh well, I like the size, the rear passenger seating, the power, and...the size.

Meh. As long as you do put it to good use.

Meh. As long as you do put it to good use.

I could have easily got the 2500 Quad Cab, it would have suited perfectly fine. But why have silver when you can have gold! :lol:

Ugly rims, ugly styling and a ugly interior = Ugly Car

And anyone who likes this hick mobile should be shot at.
:

what should they do to owners?

it always make me laugh how the cool worldy types on this board think my truck is a baby seal clubbing hick mobile POS but I would never get any flak over my V8 BMW or V8 MB. Ironically the "hicks" on the Dodge truck forum would never say anything negative about the over powered kraut-cars I also own.

Last edited:
Daily to at least twice a week. The front head room and leg room are being used on a daily basis. I'll drive my friends around on the weekends or if we are going out to get food during study breaks at the library, which would use up the passenger and one of the rear seat as well. The trunk is also used for housing my phat sound system: two subwoofers and two amplifiers. The other back seat is also littered with emergency supplies and various other items like an umbrella and the such. My car has also been loaded to the brim during a few dumpster diving sessions.

I'm surprised that you missed the point of my comment. Of course, your question attempts to bring out the hypocrisy to a certain degree. Granted, I do not utilize FULLY my car's capacities on a daily, hourly basis. Relatively speaking, my daily activities do not require the usage of a full-ton, dually pickup and a small 2 door coupe suffice for most occasions.

All I was implying was that Mopar Man uses his truck in the same way you use your car. People say trucks are useless if not used to their full capacity but most cars aren't used to their full capacity either. Plus you don't need to justify the purchase of a vehicle to others. Many people buy pickups just because they like the size of them. While I personally don't agree with it, it's not my money that's being spent and there is no reason to criticize. Mopar Man at least gets some use out of his.

That I do, for the most part I like the size, and I like the fact that I will probably own that truck for the next 10 years of my life (actually, I have confirmed that I am getting a Resistol edition when they are released, but not the dually).

I've just proposed to my girlfriend, thank god she said yes..and I like knowing I have a vehicle that will be able to truck (no pun intended) around my family in maximum safety and security. I know I could do the same with say a Ford Expedition, or a Chevrolet Suburban, but at the moment, I think I'll stick with my pickup trucks! :p

it always make me laugh how the cool worldy types on this board think my truck is a baby seal clubbing hick mobile POS but I would never get any flak over my V8 BMW or V8 MB. Ironically the "hicks" on the Dodge truck forum would never say anything negative about the over powered kraut-cars I also own.

Don't forget kids, it's cool to hate on trucks! All the other cool kids are doing it! :roll:

Then again, he's 12...etc. et al ad nauseaum.

I like knowing I have a vehicle that will be able to truck (no pun intended) around my family in maximum safety and security.
How about something that can avoid a wreck instead of running straight into one? :p

Oh yeah, congrats on the engagement!

That I do, for the most part I like the size, and I like the fact that I will probably own that truck for the next 10 years of my life (actually, I have confirmed that I am getting a Resistol edition when they are released, but not the dually).

I've just proposed to my girlfriend, thank god she said yes..and I like knowing I have a vehicle that will be able to truck (no pun intended) around my family in maximum safety and security. I know I could do the same with say a Ford Expedition, or a Chevrolet Suburban, but at the moment, I think I'll stick with my pickup trucks! :p

Congratulations on the engagement, are you currently in school?

what should they do to owners?

the kid you quoted is like 8 years old, so I wouldn't really give it a second thought.:lol:

I actually have found myself wanting a truck quite a bit this year. There have been more than 10 occasions that I can remember that my life would have been easier had I a truck instead of my jeep. Thus, I am quietly looking for a big giant diesel or something like a tacoma.

There have been more than 10 occasions that I can remember that my life would have been easier had I a truck instead of my jeep. Thus, I am quietly looking for a big giant diesel or something like a tacoma.
I am thinking about conning my brother into trading me for his V8 S10. I don't hardly drive at all when I'm here in Manhattan, so a brutally geared shitty gas mileage getting S10 would be fine for getting my dirtbike to the trailheads. Plus it's somehow louder than the Celica, and god knows I love waking half the neighborhood up by just starting my car. Trucks are definitely handy, but for most people there's no point in owning oh say something like an '07 3500 Dodge Mega Cab ;) .

Congratulations on the engagement, are you currently in school?

I am, 3rd year of my undergraduate study at the University of Toronto. I'm getting learned about Mechanical Engineering:?, after next year I'm going to go for my masters, and hopefully my Ph.D! :p

Ibut for most people there's no point in owning oh say something like an '07 3500 Dodge Mega Cab ;) .

I'm doing what Jeremy would do if he was from North America (and if he liked pickup trucks)...POWEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I am, 3rd year of my undergraduate study at the University of Toronto. I'm getting learned about Mechanical Engineering:?, after next year I'm going to go for my masters, and hopefully my Ph.D! :p

Ah I see, I was just wondering because engagement at the age of 21 is on the young side. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well, we're engaged, we're not getting married until I get my degree, which is a few years, but I didn't want her getting pissed off about "oh we've been together so long and you won't commit" you know how women are..