New 300SL Gullwing for 2010

the problem is that, in the end, the designers at (insert whatever the hell you think it looks like here) all copied from the 50ies SL...

I don?t like the rendering that much, and somehow with all the pseudo-retro stuff that marketing departments have been dishing out lately I?m really hoping mercedes won?t ruin the legacy of what is still, as far as I?m concerned, the most beautiful car ever built...

It looks good, but please dont start actually making it.. There is only 1 true 300sl, the one that has always, and will always look great..

how can they just steal the Caymen+599 design and put a mercede badge on it...... :mad:

I had a 300 SL Dinky car in the 1960s and it was just about my favourite. I like this version - need to see it in the flesh so to speak for a final opinion. Oh it should be silver and red two tone IMHO for the best looks.

I think it's a mixture of 8C, Mclaren SLR and a 599. I don't like it at all. What will be the marketing strategy for this model? Competing with the SLR?

Looks great

599 + 8C = This

But strangely, I like it.

i think it looks better then the 599. i know its a copy. but t looks better with the grille all black like that.

Maybe it looks like 599 or a porsche, but I like it.

I'd have one in silver or black. 8)

how can they just steal the Caymen+599 design and put a mercede badge on it...... :mad:

I think it's a mixture of 8C, Mclaren SLR and a 599. I don't like it at all. What will be the marketing strategy for this model? Competing with the SLR?

You see that big text in the center of each image that says "Motor Authority / Schulte Design"? Yeah, that means THE MAGAZINE JUST HAD THOSE MADE SO THEIR ARTICLE WOULD HAVE PRETTY PICTURES. Those pics weren't made by Mercedes. If it looks like an 8C/599/whatever, it's because that's what they photoshopped to make the render.

It should be allowed to kill "artists" like this one for such atrocities. Or you could combine parts of them to form a new super-artist. And then put a Mercedes badge on it.

I like the design its interesting, though I'm not sure it is a good looking car, time will tell. The main thing is that Mercedes does not have McLaren's help to "ruin" it as Mercedes said about the SLR, so I doubt it will be anything more then a lighter CL, I hope they don't push a damn slushbox in.

looks like a porsche

You see that big text in the center of each image that says "Motor Authority / Schulte Design"? Yeah, that means THE MAGAZINE JUST HAD THOSE MADE SO THEIR ARTICLE WOULD HAVE PRETTY PICTURES. Those pics weren't made by Mercedes. If it looks like an 8C/599/whatever, it's because that's what they photoshopped to make the render.

looks like a porsche

:lol:

So... basically this is a non-story now then? -ish?

Looks