[10x01] October 7th, 2007

That was garbage. The least they could have done is review their cars a little bit.
Their mission was to find 'the ultimate driving road', not the ultimate driving car! So that's why they didn't focus too much on the cars... When creating amphibious cars, they didn't talk about how good/bad the Hilux/Camper van etc was, so why should they focus here on that?
Like s/o else once said: watching TG for consumer advice is like watching Allo Allo to learn about WW2.

Damn, you mean WW2 wasn't about a fallen Madonna with ze big boobies?

You have already been told once.

So Fifth Gear what do you say to that :lol: arsonists and copycats, tut tut.........

They say: lets do something spectacular and burn something...e.g. Mr. Plato...

Their mission was to find 'the ultimate driving road', not the ultimate driving car! So that's why they didn't focus too much on the cars... When creating amphibious cars, they didn't talk about how good/bad the Hilux/Camper van etc was, so why should they focus here on that?
Like s/o else once said: watching TG for consumer advice is like watching Allo Allo to learn about WW2.

Did they find the ultimate driving road? They drove around randomly, interviewed the worst guest to date, and drove around some more and concluded that the last road was the greatest. I would say that this was the worst episode of the show so far.

They say: lets do something spectacular and burn something...e.g. Mr. Plato...
:lmao: That is some funny crap.
I do hope Mr. Plato gets to drive this weekend cause losing a championship in the last week for being burnt in a Caparot (I know it's Caparo T1, just sounds hilarious in Hebrew :p) would really suck. But I've seen about 15 comments that floored me so far about his little accident.

The uncut version of the news was just... top top gear :) :lol:

Did they find the ultimate driving road? They drove around randomly, interviewed the worst guest to date, and drove around some more and concluded that the last road was the greatest. I would say that this was the worst episode of the show so far.

You certainly enjoy having "unique" opinions don't you haha I am not going to flame you at all because if you didn't like it thats cool.

However maybe it wasn't their greatest episode. But It gave me a LOT of smiles and quite a few laughs with spectacular scenery and awesome cars. So I thought it was great.

About the preview video, Hamster was in the 2005 Renault R25 (listen to the sound carefully and you'll realize it's a V10, not the V8 in the R26).

And about the best driving road, one thing, Jezza, Hamster and May: over here, in Romania, there's a road (open only in the summer) that is just about as spaghettified as the Stelvio Pass, and just as long. Just ask the guy from the magazine who reviewed the CL63 AMG and brought it here about the road from Curtea de Arges to the Balea Lac ski resort, and then down the other side. Even in a tiny hatchback like my family's Focus, the drivable bits (excluding the flat ends) make up a brilliant driving road. However... you're too late this year, it's closed atm.

But... fantastic episode. Fantastic. TOP GEAR IS BACK ON FORM!!!!

vikiradTG2007 i think there are great driving roads in every country, here in romania i prefer the Transfagarasean, but i have also been in Germany and for kicks got of the milion lane motorways and got on the B roads even my little 0.8L matiz felt like a great car on the roads of south Germany through the forests, so basicly kind of a Top Gear top tip if u want to find great driving roads get off the motorways :D

could you talk about this in more detail?

Us yanks here stuck on Comcast Cable modem are screwed... comcast is now severely throttling back on torrent traffic to the point where i'm getting about 5.6-10k sec.

i hate comcast, i hate comcast, i hate comcast, i hate comcast, i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,i hate comcast,
You are not alone:
http://consumerist.com/consumer/comcast/

That was garbage. The least they could have done is review their cars a little bit.

I agree with you, I really don't know anything new about the Lambo, the Porsche and the AM after watching the 30 minutes feature. And the Golf review with Clarkson showing he hadn't got a clue about how to drive the car wasn't much better.

Ooh, yes!! Great to see they're going to be testing the HSV GTS VE later on in the series (check 1:26 during preview). :)
Great episode.

Hey, sorry if there's already a reply to this, but when's the smaller rip gonna come out? :)