Australia to the polls Nov 24

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
So Johnny has called the election today for November 24th. 6 weeks of campaigning and wasted money on adverts. (thank god Im leaving halfway through!)

news.com.au said:
Howard calls federal election for November 24 Poll

PRIME Minster John Howard has announced the federal election for November 24.

"Earlier today I called on His Excellency the Governor-General and he has granted on my advice a dissolution of the House of Representatives, there'll be an election held on the 24th of November," Mr Howard said.

Mr Howard said parliament will be prorogued at noon tomorrow with the House of Representatives dissolved at noon on Wednesday.

"The writs will issue on the 17th of October, the (electoral) rolls will close on the 22nd of October, the nominations will close on the first of November."

Mr Howard said his Government was still the right choice for Australians.

"I believe very passionately that this country's best years can lie ahead of us in the years immediately ahead," Mr Howard said.

"In order for that to happen this country does not need new leadership, it does not need old leadership, it needs the right leadership."

Mr Howard said the right leadership had experience, could boost the prosperity of the economy, and ensured everyone got a fair share.

"The right leadership is the leadership which delivers the team which knows how to do the job," Mr Howard said.

"The right leadership is the leadership that has the experience to further expand the prosperity of the Australian economy and to ensure that everybody gets a fair share of it."

The right leadership was also the leadership prepared to take unpopular decisions in the short term that delivered a long-term benefit, he said.

Source

So what do you think will happen this election?

Will the Coalition win for a fourth term and finally give Costello his dream of being PM after Howard has 2 more years at it?

Will Kevin Rudd become our new PM? god I hope so!!

Will the Democrats finally disappear?

Will the Greens control Tasmania now the government announced that controversial pulp mill.

This should be an exciting 6 weeks, NOT!

Kevin Rudd will get in but I don't think it will be as one sided as people claim, I think it'll split pretty evenly.

Also unless you live in Benelong you don't actually vote for Howard....

As much as it annoys me, I know Rudd will get in, but I really don't think he'll be as great as he and everyone else makes him out to be.

Well, this election falls one day after my birthday, so I'm not sure quite yet how I'll vote.
It seems there is a choice between Liberals, Liberals with an ALP sticker on them and extremists either side, with a rather useless Democratic Party somewhere in the middle.
I'm thinking Communist Party :p

I fucking hate politics. As such I thank god there is top gear to get me through this horrible period.

Personally I don't want to vote for either party. They are full of lies, empty promises and power hungry fat cats.

Again with the fucking elections?!?! Is it just me or do they do this about every four years or so? Enough already!

*sigh*

I think I'll just vote for Prell to go back to the old glass bottle as I usually do.

Either that or i'll vote for what's-his-name. You know.... old... white guy.... always wears a suit....

I noticed in my electorate, they had a million signs up within 30 mins of the election being called. And on TV they have ads going non-stop. Why cant their be an election where ads are banned.

I noticed in my electorate, they had a million signs up within 30 mins of the election being called.
Watch how quick they take them down once the election is over!:wall:
Why cant their be an election where ads are banned.
For the same reason that we can't all get free, daily handjobs from women with warm, pudgy hands. ;)

It's not Kevin Rudd that concerns me it's Julian Gillard, I hate her!

Surely not as much as the people behind Howard: Abbott, Downer, Turnbull, Andrews. God ... Kevin Andrews.... what the hell were people thinking voting that clown in.

Oh, and it'll be the Coalition's fifth term, not their fourth.