Random Thoughts....

Sometimes, I REALLY despise torrents. (usually occurs when download speeds drop to ludicrously low levels, or stop altogether. Like every torrent for the latest Top Gear episode I've tried. :mad::censored:)

Yeah, I don't know why, but it has happened to me too, the speed of the torrents from here dropped considerably since I last knew it. Mind you, I have more torrents seeding or active now, but the upload speed is just the same (40 kb/s) and the download from the other torrent is 10 kb/s.

Now the torrent for TG runs at an average 10 kb/s ..,. when in the past it went all the way to 400 kb/s. I used to download an episode faster than it took to watch it. Now it takes me a whole day and a half. :( WTH happenned ? :?

The one thing I dislike about college is that if you screw up once in a class, it could potentially ruin your chances of success later on.

Yeah, that's right. And that's why I've been studying all day today ... on my birthday. And will continue studying all day tomorrow, because I have 3 midterms on tuesday. Yeah .... :(

Grad School = College^10

Oh I don't doubt that. I was just thinking about it.
I'm only a freshmen that is doing pre-med. However, most good med schools will pretty much deny you immediately if you get below a "B" in a class, but especially in a science or math class according to people I've talked to. While doing a reading assignment for Chem I was just thinking that if I don't do well in the class then I can kiss my career goodbye even before it started.

The fact that neither Energizer nor Duracell makes their own NiMH batteries (they both just re-brand Sony cells) amuses me.

Well, I finally got a working torrent. :D

It's currently going to take 6 hours to finish downloading... :neutral:

Eh, I'll just leave it on overnight... :)

... if I don't do well in the class then I can kiss my career goodbye even before it started.
Oh it's not that bad. It's pretty bad, but not that bad :lol:. I've been contemplating double majoring in journalism and mechanical engineering; but that would pretty much be social suicide.

I was just thinking that if I don't do well in the class then I can kiss my career goodbye even before it started.

I can understand your stress in that case. I'm a Business student and I guess I was fortunate to work with a company providing financial services whilst being in school. The real world experience I got working with them blows my class "lessons" out of the water. Half the stuff is so rudimentary and sophomoric that it's not even worth going to class sometimes (I commute). Plus having a four year degree in Business these days basically equivocates to saying "I have two arms and two legs".

I can understand your stress in that case. I'm a Business student and I guess I was fortunate to work with a company providing financial services whilst being in school. The real world experience I got working with them blows my class "lessons" out of the water. Half the stuff is so rudimentary and sophomoric that it's not even worth going to class sometimes (I commute). Plus having a four year degree in Business these days basically equivocates to saying "I have two arms and two legs".

Maybe you should transfer into engineering or something, then...

I'm currently writing a business report that's due for one of my subjects on wednesday. By writing, I mean only 1/4 way through, but anyway, that's not important. I named it THE REAL THING, as it is sitting in my subject folder which is full of lots of other shit. I now have The Real Thing stuck in my head. Great song, but not great to have stuck in your head when you're doing Uni work.

Maybe you should transfer into engineering or something, then...

If I wasn't one semester away from graduating, I probably would.

Side note: College is supposed to "prepare you for real life" via the work your given, responsibility that is bestowed onto you, and the schedule within which you work. Monday and Wednesday, I have class at 8 and then again at 5. So whilst everyone is working 9-5... I'm on a break from 9-5. What a waste.

If I wasn't one semester away from graduating, I probably would.

Side note: College is supposed to "prepare you for real life" via the work your given, responsibility that is bestowed onto you, and the schedule within which you work. Monday and Wednesday, I have class at 8 and then again at 5. So whilst everyone is working 9-5... I'm on a break from 9-5. What a waste.

How'd you pull that one off? I have 6 hours of class 4 days a week, work ~18 hours a week besides that and am doing homework the rest of the time.

Also, college != real life no matter how much it tries.

Yay, finally some good news.

news.com.au said:
Lohan blows $8m on grog, drugs

HOLLYWOOD wild-girl Lindsay Lohan is officially broke after blowing her fortune on drink, drugs and partying.

The wayward actress has squandered a staggering $7.75 million just in the last few months.

Cash-stricken Lindsay has been forced to sell both her plush properties - a $3.15 million apartment in LA, plus her $1.1 million New York flat.

British reports have linked Lohan to billionaire Tom Gores, executive producer on her recent film I Know Who Killed Me but that claim has been promptly denied by a spokesman for Mr Gores.

?The story is totally false. It is absolute fiction. Tom Gores has never met Lindsay Lohan. He has never spoken to her. She has not ?moved in with him,? nor is she connected to him, in any way,? a representative for Mr Gores said.

Her extravagant spending spree includes:

? A million dollars on one hotel bill
? $137,000 in rehab costs, racking up bills of $30,000, $45,000 and $62,000 for each stint.
? Thousands in legal fees after multiple drink driving convictions.
? $350,000 on luxury Mercedes and BMWs
? A million on clothes
? $70,000 on tanning and hair-styling
? Well over $500,000 on partying

A source close to the star told Britain's News of the World: "The only reason she's coming back to LA, is to earn some money fast.

"She still thinks nothing of blowing thousands of dollars on a single night of partying.

"And the amount she has wasted putting cocaine up her nose is disgusting. Even she has lost count."

Source

What a stupid girl!!

You know, if I had a million dollars, I would just live off the interest.

5% CD on a cool million means $50k a year, which is a lot more than I'm making busting my ass as an Oracle DBA...

There was a reason why Lindsay's father was keeping all that money away from her as a kid. Now she's blown it all and I doubt she will recover.

Not like she can ask for a huge payment to pose nude for Playboy seeing as we have seen everything already for free hey!

Not like she can ask for a huge payment to pose nude for Playboy seeing as we have seen everything already for free hey!

Well quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd want to see her pose in Playboy. I've seen the pics, and with the whole internet at my disposal, there's better options than her.

I called this years ago. I knew she was going to be one of the most spectacular Hollywood train wrecks in history. If she's still alive in 10 years I'll eat my hat.

Well quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd want to see her pose in Playboy. I've seen the pics, and with the whole internet at my disposal, there's better options than her.

Shes nothing special is she!

What are you doing up this late anyway? Oh wait, given the subject matter I'm sure I don't want to know...:p

But then again, yeah she isn't great.

Im now unemployed as Im moving to the UK in 2.5 weeks, so Im staying up late and making the most of watching Gunthy-Renker on TV :p