Buick Enclave was the hottest model of September

That Buick is about the ugliest car I have ever seen. Truly disgusting.

Its bland AND tacky at the same time!

and what the hell is a CUV?

Plus point for the Solstice is it has a lot more torque. Means you can go a gear up in corners and still have good pull.

Agreed, that Buick is ugly as all hell.

Good for GM, atleast they are doing something and trying to save themselves

Agreed, that Buick is ugly as all hell.

You have to see one in person. I thought the Buick was ugly, but in person it is a really good looking car. Its like a Maserati Quatroporte. I thought that was an ugly car, saw it in person...loved it.

Funny considering all of our Enclaves have been sitting for atleast 2-3 months.

Maybe Connecticut just does'nt like them.

Do you work for a GM dealer? We are looking at Enclave's and its way cheaper to buy one in the US and import one. Any of them CXL AWD with Cocoa Metallic exterior paint?

I read a while back that there were 12,000 people waiting on one before it came out. I have some friends that are looking for one, because they are well equipped for the price. I think the only thing I dont like are the portholes on the hood, they look tacked on as an afterthought.

The only thing that bugs me about the current gen MX5 is the amount of body-roll. It really is horrible. Other then that, it handles excellently. A friend of mine had one and installed a MazdaSpeed sport suspension to try and solve the problem, but he said the car still wasn't as flat in the corners as a base Solstice. That's the main reason why I want a Solstice over the Mazda. It's hard to push these cars to their limits without breaking the law, but at least with the Solstice you can go around corners and the car will stay nice and flat. And I like the spartan interior of the Solstice. Makes me think the people who designed and built the car had higher priorities then making the interior look pretty. Bare light-weight plain old plastic is perfectly acceptable in a bare bones sports car, if you ask me. Look at the latest cars from Lotus. What little interior they do have isn't anything worth writing home about.

Regardless of this, the MX-5 weighs 350 lbs less than the Solstice.

Regardless of this, the MX-5 weighs 350 lbs less than the Solstice.

The Solstice is a slightly larger car. And it uses a more complicated folding top to give the car a cleaner, slicker look when the top is down. Those things add up.

And Mazda, to their credit, did a fantastic job of improving the latest version of the MX5, while not adding much additional weight.

But regardless of the weight difference, the Solstice tends to post nearly identical handling stats as the MX5. And actual track times are very close as well. There was even that segment of Best Motoring where they declared the Solstice the victor over the MX5, because it was cheaper and faster around the track. (although there may have been a problem with the Mazda's power steering) It says a lot that GM could come out with an all new car like the Solstice, which was more of a concept car for the streets, and have it be so competitive against the much revered MX5 on the racetrack.

I might add that the Sky/Solstice has more power to make up for the weight. Interestingly enough it also has better fuel economy and uses cheaper gas according to the specs posted earlier by Ilpav.
Whether you like the Kappa cars or not, it is a good thing; for a long time this market has been dominated by Mazda, now they have some real competition. Competition is a good thing.

TomCat said:
It says a lot that GM could come out with an all new car like the Solstice, which was more of a concept car for the streets, and have it be so competitive against the much revered MX5 on the racetrack.
After working on Formula SAE I can tell you that the worst part of the design is when we realize we have no budget and have to start skimping on stuff. Then the car sucks. I think GM finally realized accountants don't design good chassis, they need to put some money in to see a return. The interiors on the Kappa's aren't too bad either. I think it's fine for what it is. Though better material could've been used in the armrests and door handles; I think that alone would improve it quite a bit. It sounds like I'm the only one on here who likes the Solstice, heh whatever, more for me :D. Those Enclaves do look a little better in person, but I never thought they would sell very well, good for GM I guess?

Do you work for a GM dealer? We are looking at Enclave's and its way cheaper to buy one in the US and import one. Any of them CXL AWD with Cocoa Metallic exterior paint?

Yeah, I work for a Buick Dealership. If you are looking for one, I can PM you the info for my dealership.

Buy a Redline or GXP for 5K and get yourself a car that will have a go at boxters.

The trunk isn't that terrible, golf clubs fit and you can fit a few bags. BTW that isn't the gas tank right were the lump is, the mound was created to hold the top in place and hide it from view.

And the interior sucks balls but who cares...you get a vette steering wheel lol.

Yeah, I don't know why people get so bent over interiors. It's like they care more about appearance and bragging rights, then the actual driving experience.

Because I dunno, I kinda have to sit in my car everyday and the driving experience isn't perticularly interesting.

"Fewest days on a dealer lot" does not mean high sales, guys.

No, but it does mean that people are buying them the moment they arrive, and most likely, people aren't negotiating on the price much so are willing to pay more.

I might add that the Sky/Solstice has more power to make up for the weight. Interestingly enough it also has better fuel economy and uses cheaper gas according to the specs posted earlier by Ilpav.

The numbers are in l/100km, so higher number = more fuel consumption.

"Fewest days on a dealer lot" does not mean high sales, guys.

GM had to had a third line for the Buick Enclave because they are in such high demand.

Yeah, I work for a Buick Dealership. If you are looking for one, I can PM you the info for my dealership.

please PM me your information. Its more then an $18,000 differance between the fully loaded CXL AWD in Canada vs the fully loaded CXL AWD in the US :?

The numbers are in l/100km, so higher number = more fuel consumption.

Ah yes, I feel like an idiot. :idiot:
Another good reason why I am not a math major.