HERE IT IS!! Nissan GT-R embargo broken by MotorTrend!

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Without any bullshit, this is it! The one we've been waiting for! All the shittiness of the GT-R Proto's front end has been fixed!

:love:

motor_trend_cover_dec.jpg

9071016.018.Mini1L.jpg

9071016.018.Mini9L.jpg

9071016.018.Mini5L.jpg

9071016.014.Mini10L.jpg

Last edited:
0-60 in 3.5 and a 11.7 quarter? Damn that's fast.. Judging by that photo, looks pretty good too! :thumbsup:

so hot... now i have to go buy motor trend

Despite the fact they've been so popular - I've never been much of a Skyline GT-R fan. But I really, quite genuinely liked the GT-R Prototype. Now they've made the changes and got rid of the carbon fiber section that extended the headlights down towards the front bar and I don't like it anymore. Those really made the difference, I thought they looked really cool.

What a shame. Its still good looking but I dunno :dunno: Can't argue with its performance though...

More importantly - anyone got a scan on the German trio comparo :p

Headlamps look like the last gen Celica.

A "Corvette killer" eh? That's a very bold statement to make. It will be interesting to see if it lives up to that nickname.

edit: that pic up there is NOT the original cover pic of the MotorTrend magazine. Here are some good shots from motorauthority.com

2008_Nissan_GT-R_001.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_002.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_008.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_003.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_006.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_009.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_005.jpg

2008_Nissan_GT-R_007.jpg

Last edited:
Prefer the proto. Thats not quite the fucking GT-R I hoped for.

On top of that : is this the base model or is the top end one gonna get more eye candy ?

They just chopped the front end off the new mitsubishi lancer and glued it on......proto looked much better.

Wow. Those performance figures are very impressive.

wtf where they thinking?!?

first they design such a great concept and then they just make it incredibly ugly?:cry:

I don't give a shit what it looks like (OK, so maybe if it looked like a Ssangyong it'd be different, but it doesn't so shut up), I just want one!!!

I prefered some of the agression of the proto, it's been calmed down way too much.

Figures are good though. That's .4 seconds quicker to 60 than a 911 turbo. That'll do thanks.