How fast do you think the Ferrari 599 will be?

not very creative on C&D's part.

Last I checked C&D wasn't the most reliable and unbiased of car magazines, so anything from C&D I take with a grain of salt.

the 599 will be very fast, easily faster than the z06, it will just cost many times more

Seriously, if you have the money for 599 & Z06, like you're gonna buy a Chevy, which is rubbish on the road & save 100 grand, plus the Ferrari magi? & stuff.

It will post a scorching time...

ferrari_599_burns_dutch_1.jpg

ferrari_599_burns_dutch_2.jpg

...Just might not make the finish line.

is Z06 vs 599 the issue? if so, then thats retarded. May appear similar on the surface, but thats apples and oranges. 599 is a very fast GT car, the Z06 is the fiercest thing Chevy was comfortable putting on sale.

People say "Ferrari Magic", and it is true that some cars (not just Ferraris either) have very definitive characteristics that make them much more love-able then simple lap times would make you think, i think that although i love the Z06, the 599 would probably be the much more sensual car overall, as well as more usable and with better theatrics.

Car and Driver:Somebody give me a real example of Car and Driver actually being baised in a way that any other car magazine isn't. Sure sometimes they act like there just too happy to even have a car at all i.e. not critical enough, but their actual road-test are usually pretty good. I have been to there Ypsilanti offices and I would have no problem saying that their didn't seem to be any real bais about which cars they chose to like. The one true sad part was all the people i talked to were funnier then they would ever seem in the mag, probably just some image thing they have to maintain?

Last edited:
What is it with all these exotics exploding into flames?? The Murcielago did it, the Gallardo did it, the R8 is doing it and now the 599 is doing it!!

I have to say though, the passenger cell of that 599 held up quite well.

... right, that's why it's called a "firewall" isn't it?

Also, the quality of a C&D issue is inversely proportional to the number of exclamation marks! on its cover.

The 599 is a rocket! It'll decimate the R8's time, and seriously spank the Z06. The 575 gave was "quick" but the 599 is faster, harder, and seriously more agile than the 575 ever was. (don't forget, unlike the 575 the engine is mounted way back, and the tranny is in the back as well, so it has better weight distribution than the 575)

I'd put it somewhere between the low 1:22s and high 1:21, between the GT3 RS and Ford GT... Really i wouldn't be suprised if it beat the SLR (hell, the enzo laid down 1:19, so why not?)

The 575M with the GTC handling pack could only just match the base model Corvette's time of 1:26.8. The 599 will need to be worlds more track oriented then the 575M GTC if it wants to get anywhere near the Z06, let alone the SLR. It will be interesting though, as the 599 does have almost identical power/weight ratio as the Z06.

But the 575 was based on the 550 which was a million years old. The 599 is faster in a straight line than an SLR, paddle shift gearbox is better suited to the track. Brakes just as well, handles just as well, has just as much rubber at each corner. Perhaps there is some intangible that will make it slower.....but I can't see it.

(ergh can't believe I am sticking up for the 599:()

I keep coming back to the Fifth Gear test and Tiff's on-track driving impressions.
I just don't think the 599 is going to do very well against the SLR, but we'll see.

[YOUTUBE]6TPBcqvePus[/YOUTUBE]

Last I checked C&D wasn't the most reliable and unbiased of car magazines, so anything from C&D I take with a grain of salt.
Really? Please explain. They have some pretty solid testing procedures.

C&D is like you, but without the suck.

PS Don't be offended, I've added a smilie :p

I see no reason why the 599 shouldn't be quicker than an SLR. The 599 is pretty hardcore for a GT car. Its no track special but I think it will do very well indeed.

Around the Fiorano test track the 599 beat out an F40 I think? Or was that a 430 Scuderia beating an F40?....

The 599 won't do fantastic but I think some of you might be suprised, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it as just a GT car.

This sounds alot like our argument about the Veyron. I think so long as it beats out the 575 M then I'll be cool.

I keep coming back to the Fifth Gear test and Tiff's on-track driving impressions.
I just don't think the 599 is going to do very well against the SLR, but we'll see.

[YOUTUBE]6TPBcqvePus[/YOUTUBE]

Very interesting.

While the Z06 and the F430 is more "fun" according to Tiff, it's hard to judge whether or not they are faster. Because the F430 and the Z06 are much more lighter than the 599GTB so obviously it will provide for a tighter feel. However, the notion that the weight is a huge disadvantage is invalid because the SLR is almost 3900lbs and yet it was able to put some time ahead of both the lighter F430 and the C6 Z06 on the Top Gear track.

I did some comparison of track times of the 599 against three other comparable cars: F430, the SLR, and the C6 Z06:

599 GTB faster than F430 on the Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Vairano Handling Course, Bedford Autodrome West Circuit, and Ferrari's own Fiorano test track:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=458d856a36a6a&car2=45857713d06da

599 GTB is faster than the SLR on the Nordschleife and the Hockenheim Shorttrack:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=458d856a36a6a&car2=4585984cab946

599GTB is faster than the C6 Z06 on Tsukuba, Hockenheim Shorttrack, Vairano Handling Course, and the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=458d856a36a6a&car2=4571c3c67224f

What is it with all these exotics exploding into flames?? The Murcielago did it, the Gallardo did it, the R8 is doing it and now the 599 is doing it!!

I am not so sure about the order of these. I know that the 599 that burned down was one of the first (press car?). The R8 burned down much later :p, but I am not so sure when and which Murcielago's burned (only LP640?).

Anyway your are wrong, but you live on the wrong side of the world :lol::lol: